Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It means he is desperate to get something done before the frost!! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Anyway, I did this block work. Bill did the leads and I did the straight runs. It's two different walls and I need a lot of Tylenol today. :laughing:

We can only work short hours in that development on Saturday so I didn't finish the second one.

Attachments

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Now that's a strange looking kitchen....

:laughing:

Reactions: dom-mas

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,431 Posts
You put a trowel in my hands and the only thing you'll get is another day of work for you to redo.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does everyone do block foundations there?
It's about 50/50 with block and concrete I think. Probably I am overestimating the concrete side. This guy had three additions going on so all three are block.

Thanks for all the kudos! It's been a long time since I did that so I was pretty happy with what I remembered AND pretty happy with only being wicked sore for about 24 hours. :laughing:

·
Registered
686 Posts
AmeliaP,
And add to the trowel in hand that that is one of the ugliest trenches I recall seeing to boot! Kudos to you!!!

D.
Hell, that's WIDE compared to some I used to work on......bonus points to anyone who knows what 'shotgunning' block is........?

Kudos indeed! I couldn't get my wife in that hole unless I stashed a case of Chardonnay down there.......

·
Project Superintendent
2,525 Posts
AmeliaP,
And add to the trowel in hand that that is one of the ugliest trenches I recall seeing to boot! Kudos to you!!!

D.
That trench looks good compared to some dug into shot rock like we do around here!

Good job Amelia, looks like you got more to do though, cold is coming this week and gonna stay for a while, or so my weatherman says. Good thing about foundations is you can cover up easily. Has to get pretty damn cold to freeze anything down in a trench with a sheet of poly over it.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Is that where you put the line up a couple courses and go
We have a winner! Back in N. AZ used to work in trenches so tight there was barely room for your feet.....put the line on, say the fourth course, and lay four block......back up and repeat.....it was ridiculous.....

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
put the line on, say the fourth course, and lay four block......back up and repeat
I could never do that. I'm a bit slow because I'm very particular about it being right at the line perfect so I don't have to set any twice. Not having a line right by it would probably make me nuts. :laughing:

Bill isn't up yet but the last I heard I am back at that wall today.

·
Registered
407 Posts
yes very nice work Amelia. It's nice to see those normal stretchers with ears on them too. I remember years ago if a block wouldn't fit we'd take out the brick chisel and take an ear off :) Out here, all we see are corner blocks, and bond beam that are flat, or open, on the ends.
Dave

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
18,442 Posts
My fingers would be bleeding:eek: Save you lady like hands girl:jester:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts