Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am a small business owner in Alpharetta, GA. Appliance repair - refrigerators, ovens, etc. I need some help with finding contractors without spending an arm and leg on position advertising. For free, preferably. I tried Craigslist - not much response.
How do I find qualified contractors to hire? Business is booming but I am forced to turn down orders because my current contractors' schedules are full.
Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some of the customers expect exactly that. But that is besides the point.
You first try all free and low cost channels before spending money on advertising a position. It isnt cheap to hire someone (background check, drug screen, criminal history, driving history, etc.) So, saving money makes perfect sense. That is how businesses work.
I will advertise if there is nothing available for free, but first I have to make sure.
Thank you for the reply, though.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
You are going to get what you pay for, just like many of the customers craigslist turns out I imagine the people seeking work are the same. Sometimes you have to spend good money for good talent.

As others have said its not always a bad thing to find someone with some minimal skills and train them the way you want.

·
This space for lease
5,323 Posts
I'm a bit confused. Are you looking for contractors or employees? If you want a contractor to do the work but treat them like employees I can't believe anyone would want the position. Maybe I misunderstood but back when I was looking at CL for a job I saw many people doing exactly that. If you want a good employee, offer good pay and working conditions. You should get many applicants even with CL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts