Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Repair/Remodeling Tech.
1,645 Posts
A lot of times you can get the food donated by a locally owned grocery store and local bands might come out for free or a deep discount.

Sometimes people have materials leftover from a project and they don't know what to do with them. Take a trailer and park it at the event.

Some people may not be able to give money but may be able to help with the labor. Even if unskilled, everyone can do something to help out.

Advertise, advertise, advertise...I know every time there's any kind of fundraiser around here, we get a list together at work for plate lunch orders. They will usually deliver, but if they don't it's not a problem for someone to pick them up. We usually take 60-80 plates I think. Very often the food is a hotdog or 2 and some baked beans and cole slaw....VERY cheap to make...not worth half what we pay for it, but it's a fundraiser, so........

Silent auctions raise money, but of course you have to find people to donate things to auction off.

Those are the kinds of things that happen around here...just some ideas.

·
Repair/Remodeling Tech.
1,645 Posts
:clap:

Way beyond what I had in mind, but all great ideas, LiveOak.

I like the idea of bringing in other organizations to "do their thing". I assume that would be kind of carnival 'booth' style? "They have animals to adopt next door and a blood drive 3 tents down"

There's no reason to stop at helping one person. If you can get enough labor/material/money donations, people will reach out to you for help if they need it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts