Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update - Changed to a new Home Builder who is doing very well. Homes are actually being put up.

Come Join us on a Conference call Monday nights 8:30cst

Edited September 02, 2006

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Smells like a scam, might be free now but at some point you're going to put something on the table and then you're gonna be trying to keep your eye on the right shell in the game. 100 tons of recycled what? They mention trusses and bulletproof, so I don't think sip. Rich.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glasshousebltr said:
No money down and no monthly payments ah?

HOT DAM! santy claus is here!

What type of home is it? Looks like a sip to me?

Bob
- Looks like any other home, nobody knows it was made from recycled material unless you tell them.

- Probably should have said very little framing, certain frames are needed in place until the home is completed and even then there is no sticks. They say most any design possible, make gargoiles out of it if you want.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
reveivl said:
Smells like a scam, might be free now but at some point you're going to put something on the table and then you're gonna be trying to keep your eye on the right shell in the game. 100 tons of recycled what? They mention trusses and bulletproof, so I don't think sip. Rich.
- I have been signed up with them since September '2004 and all the information they have given me is free, the only time money was mentioned was at the time of getting into a home. I am currently trying to get finances situated and get some property sold so I can have one built.

- From what I have read and scene they take broken up pallets and burnt coal ashe from electrical plants and mix it together with an enzyme which then pours out like concrete to any form, but much lighter and stronger.

A friend of mine who was signed up before me said it took them 6 years to get the material approved through the builders association, had to have a spectra anlaysis done on the material to make sure there was no toxicity or gass-off's that would be harmful to peoples health.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Update - Changed to a new Home Builder who is doing very well. Homes are actually being put up.

Come Join us on a Conference call Monday nights 8:30cst

Edited September 02, 2006

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wow this amazing..................

"CUTTING EDGE

Almost spirtual opportunity

Get rich

Barely work

Become elite after one day of training"

Wow I do not want to miss the opportunity of a lifetime.

SIGN ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If want to be brainwashed that fine. But don't pollute this forum with this crap.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Ebpro asked us to share what we know about these homes. He was cordial and respectful, like any pitchman.

Here is what I know, Ebpro.

If a building product is economical and has the approval of the industry, it makes it way into general usage. So why do you need the "get in on the ground floor" hype?

Because you are illegitimate. Period.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
GC, there are many ways to build a home better than we do today. I have to blow up here, let off some steam.
We have been building homes here in reflection of our European roots. This is fine in many situations. Unfortunately, we live in North America and the weather is different here. Over the years, I have submitted plans for my vision of the future home in a hurricane zone, all have been rejected even when submitted with engineeing data. Fools! All fools!
IMHO, homes should be rounded, domed, think yurt, igloo, any design that considers high windspeed. Flat walls and roof overhangs don't cut it here but nobody wants to listen.
Meanwhile, it costs everyone to repair this boondoggle in ins. costs. They aren't going to lose money.
There is no excuse today for one feeling insecure in one's own home except for $ or asthetics.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Teetor, when I build my own home it will be a ranch with a concrete encased basement with nearly the same footprint as the house. I will never ever live in a freaking dome, and would rather have to rebuild my ranch.

It is economy of desire, which includes the price I am willing to pay. My concrete dome will be square and buried.

:)

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I have always been amazed by the fact that when we went into our areodynamic phase in the 30's (Tucker, Hudson, Airstream) that it was not applied to homes. Nothing like a big, flat, side to increase resistance. Hard corners are the weakest point.
200,000 years of evolution and we still can't build a house that will endure its enviroment. Go figure.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I designed two about 25 yrs. ago. Went to B&Z with all of the engineering data, one was a bomb shelter and the other was designed to float away intact. Both were rejected. A buddy of mine (CGC) later told me that they reject anything beyond their comprehension.
Earth bermed homes have been around for eons and, today, are highly energy efficient. You just have to push the plan through the morons.

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Teetor

Here is what i was thinking. Like a 3000 square foot bunker underground out in the country. With a 2 car garage on top. Meaning when people drive by they think there is just a 2 car garage on the property. But once you pull into the garage there is a staircase which takes you underground to the home. When i spent 20 years in the airforce i was in some pretty cool underground installations we have and i was always fascinated by them. Just like at the beginning of the war a camera crew went inside one of saddam's under palaces it was awesome. Underground living wouldn't be for everybody but it would be for me. So what if a huricane comes or a tornado. In my case a tornado most i would loose is that two car garage that couldn't cost more than 5000 to rebuild. I also thought i heard somewhere its would be cheap to heat and cool because your under ground and lets not forget about security only one way in and one way out.

·
Registered
295 Posts
In the next town over from me there was a dome shaped house that was shaped like a + looking down at it(four sided igloo). I remember it being built about 30 years ago and going to the open house with my parents. Obviously, nothing ever happened with the concept but it was a head turner for many years until it was torn down about 5 years ago and replaced with condos.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Teetorbilt said:
Both were rejected. A buddy of mine (CGC) later told me that they reject anything beyond their comprehension.
Earth bermed homes have been around for eons and, today, are highly energy efficient. You just have to push the plan through the morons.
Teetor you just have to submit the plans to a more accepting municipality. How many local building depts are there across the country? 100,000 or more? Different areas of the country are going to have different outlooks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts