Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have a Snyder General PGHA024G074IN unit at my home. It pushes cool air, even thogh the Thermostat is set to well (+10 Degrees) over room temp on Heat. I think I have it down to the Igniter system. Does anyone out there have any idea of what type of igniter this unit might have? Spark, Glow coil, or what?

Thanks for any assistance.

Regul8tr

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Follow-up to Steve

Good (Cold) Evening Steve,

It does, and it hasn't the past day or so. It worked until last night. We had been experiencing issues where the heat would be on, then it would go cool on us. the only way we found to resolve it was to kill the power at the breaker, and then re-power after a few moments. Any ideas?

Regul8tr

·
Registered
52 Posts
Unregistered said:
Good (Cold) Evening Steve,

It does, and it hasn't the past day or so. It worked until last night. We had been experiencing issues where the heat would be on, then it would go cool on us. the only way we found to resolve it was to kill the power at the breaker, and then re-power after a few moments. Any ideas?

Regul8tr
If your venter motor does not come on then I would suspect there is a problem with the thermostat.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thermostat?

I replaced the thermostat around 14 Months ago. It worked fine the 3 times we had to fire up the heat is fall. the kicker is that it had worked w/o a problem until around 24 hours ago. The forced vent fan ran this morning, but not since. I can't hear any gas running to the furnace, but it was running fine last night without any changes to the gas run, stopcocks or anything else. I could try another one, if I can locate it. If I find and can test it, I'll let you all know.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Intermitent ignition system, control board is running low on ignition.
The system may work fine when the temps outside are not too bad, however during peak demand the system cannot restart each time.
By tripping the breaker you are giving it a small surge and so the unit relites.

Try starting and stopping the unit thru the thermostat a few times, if the first time it starts no problem but drops off after a few starts you will know its the board.

BJD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts