Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Has anyone worked as a flooring subcontractor?

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  ArtisanRemod 
#1 ·
Hey Guys

Quick question: Has anyone here worked as a flooring subcontractor? and is it worth it?

I seen a posting for a sub-contractor position for hardwood, laminate and engineered flooring. I haven't had any luck getting in touch with the manager this past week. I miss her every time I call, and when she is back in the office I loose track of time and when I realize it she's gone home for the day. I figure this might be a way to grow business a little, plus from what I seen from some of their installers they are pretty busy. They are doing the building I am working in at the moment, and they have 73 units to floor and another crew to tile.

However, my thoughts are. Is it worth it? Pay is piece work for sure, but is it very little? Would there be sufficient amount of work..etc..

If anyone has any experiences even if it not with flooring subcontracting, it would be helpful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.