Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw an ad posted on CL from a company called BarrPrinting with a (630) area code, which I believe is the Chicago area.

Their advertised pricing seams a little too good to be true, but may be legit. EXAMPLE: 5,000 - 6" x 9" postcards, 2 sides, full color, 14 pt. gloss stock for $500.00 (10 cents each) shipping included.

Has anyone had any experience with this printer? Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
153 Posts
I saw an ad posted on CL from a company called BarrPrinting with a (630) area code, which I believe is the Chicago area.

Their advertised pricing seams a little too good to be true, but may be legit. EXAMPLE: 5,000 - 6" x 9" postcards, 2 sides, full color, 14 pt. gloss stock for $500.00 (10 cents each) shipping included.

Has anyone had any experience with this printer? Thanks in advance...
Is the 5000 cards shipped to your door? or to potential customers, If that is just printing cost, that is WAY WAY to expensive, I pay 160 for 5000 6x9 cards Front and back color, 16pt gloss front and back.' then I pay my bulk mail guy postage, and sorting fees to send them out.

·
DavidMoore
17 Posts
yah, Thats high. I think KBK does it for me and its way less than that.
kbk shows $450 for 5000 postcards (5.5 x 8.5 14pt).

But don't pay up for 16pt. It's a nicer card but not for extra money. A 12pt card works very well. But don't get suckered in for a 10pt.

If anyone can get 5000 for $169 as mentioned here somewhere. BUY ALL YOU CAN GET! IF it's at least 12pt or higher.

I am a former contractor that has purchased a printing company in the past year. I use several "trade" printers and outsource high volume orders over 15,000. I don't get "trade pricing" that cheap. I "retail" my postcards for $0.12 each. (12-14pt full color 5.5 x 8.5).

So the $500 for 5000 sounds pretty good to me without know anymore details. But find the $169 for 5000 cards, check quality and LOAD UP!

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
check overnightprints .com

we've been dealing with them for three years.

All our cards are designed in-house and sent to them for printing. They do top quality work and with fast turn around time.

5000 qty for $299 but they always have specials (mostly on weekends)

last weekend they had the same 5000 for $149

COLOR Full Color 4:4 Printing
PAPER QUALITY 15pt Card Stock
COATING Gloss or Matte Finish (same price)

Hope this helps

·
Deck Cleaner
984 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
DavidMoore
17 Posts
check overnightprints .com

we've been dealing with them for three years.

All our cards are designed in-house and sent to them for printing. They do top quality work and with fast turn around time.

5000 qty for $299 but they always have specials (mostly on weekends)

last weekend they had the same 5000 for $149

COLOR Full Color 4:4 Printing
PAPER QUALITY 15pt Card Stock
COATING Gloss or Matte Finish (same price)

Hope this helps

When I was a contractor I used overnightprints for my business cards. They were fantastic.

However, I just checked the price for 5000 5.5 x 8.5 postcards and the pricing is still over $500.

I highly recommend overnight if you can do the designs yourself.

But this pricing on postcards seems like we are all comparing apples to oranges.

Like I said, I price my postcards around $0.12. That's a penny more than what I saw on overnghtprints. Most should be in that ballpark anyway.

·
Registered
153 Posts
PressureWashE,

Why don't you let the rest of us in on who your $160 for 5000 printer is, they would probably get a lot of business through the rest of us & be very appreciative of you...

I'd hit him up for some free printing for yourself!

Like I said before, The company is local here in houston, I could ask him if he wants to do orders and ship them out, If so then Ill post his info, If not only Houston guys or people who want to pick it up can get printing done.

·
Roofing sales pro
101 Posts
You dont need 500 post card unless you are doing 500 roofs a year the way i do it. If you use the correct paper with a printer that has a duplexer on it and i high quality you can make them yourself of well i think it 15 cents a pop untill the ink runs out depending on how many colors we are talking about.

·
Registered
153 Posts
You dont need 500 post card unless you are doing 500 roofs a year the way i do it. If you use the correct paper with a printer that has a duplexer on it and i high quality you can make them yourself of well i think it 15 cents a pop untill the ink runs out depending on how many colors we are talking about.

LOL! 500 cards will yeild very little results, Unless you send 500 people the same card 3-4 times. and even then you may only close a total of 9-12 on 4 mailings.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts