Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...The magnetic armband that pitchman Billy "Living Beard" Mayes screams about. On the infomercial, it shows him with the magnetic armband strapped to his arm and supporting a 25 lb. weight. Has anyone tried one of these out yet? It seems to work ok. My concern is that it would stick you to metal ductwork or pipes as you were crawling through an attic/crawlspace. Some of my coworkers use a Magnepull for fishing wires through walls. It uses a super-strong magnet and you can't keep it from sticking to your watch/toolbelt/belt buckle/anything metal as you walk around with it.

·
Banned
917 Posts
...The magnetic armband that pitchman Billy "Living Beard" Mayes screams about. On the infomercial, it shows him with the magnetic armband strapped to his arm and supporting a 25 lb. weight. Has anyone tried one of these out yet? It seems to work ok. My concern is that it would stick you to metal ductwork or pipes as you were crawling through an attic/crawlspace. Some of my coworkers use a Magnepull for fishing wires through walls. It uses a super-strong magnet and you can't keep it from sticking to your watch/toolbelt/belt buckle/anything metal as you walk around with it.
All right, which one of you is the smarta**?

·
Fentoozler
5,623 Posts
I bought one...tossed it in my tool box ......now all my tools are stuck to the dam thing AND to my steel tool box.
I had to buy all new tools and a box, too.
What a POS!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts