Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had these pictures for some time. I got them from a friend that got them from a friend, etc. ect.

To All,

This is just a courious question for the board. Has anyone here ever seen these houses before or know where they located????

For construction people the problem is obvious.

For the Real Estate people it would be a real hard sell.

For the home owner.......................... it is hard to imagine a home owner.

For the rest of us, it is amazing to think that it could be have been done with out some one saying WHOA!!!!!

Comments welcome.

Later.

·
DGR,IABD
9,683 Posts
They sure do look like central PA pictures, which stands to reason since we only very recently got buliding codes. I think that you'd need a Hummer or a monster truck to have enough ground clearance so you didn't drag your bumper on the sidewalk pulling up the driveway. What happens when it starts to snow (or rain)? You can forget about using the driveway. "Holy Cow!", is about all I can say.

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
If I was a betting men which i'm not I would guess Arkansas. Why because my father retired there. I have seen new construction where the soil looks exactly like the soil in that picture. Meaning a high clay content. Also I have seen some pretty steep pitched dryways in Arkansas on new construction. Nothing that outradgeous but pretty close. Or I could be totally wrong.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Homes built for a Jeep ad? Good drainage though, ought to dry fast.

·
DGR,IABD
9,683 Posts
Yes, perhaps the GC was really, really worried about having dry basements. You could downhill ski to check the mailbox in the wintertime. I guess it's safe to say that this was the wrong house plan for these lots. A bi or tri level with sunken garage would have been the better fit.

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Somebody figure out a way to zoom in on the license plate on the white Ford on the second picture. We will have it nailed then. I'm not that computer smart. :Thumbs:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cole_21 said:
I fixed it. :cheesygri :cheesygri

Excellent!!! Now we need to get ADA Appoval and were done.

I am glad I am not the only one that found this very strange. Anyone get that license number yet??????

·
Registered
88 Posts
Those are doctored photos, folks. The driveway width angle as it abuts the sidewalk is all wrong. I've seen these before.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Looks like your normal yankee house to me! LOL
Those folks can't seem to keep anything simple.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Niner said:
Those are doctored photos, folks. The driveway width angle as it abuts the sidewalk is all wrong. I've seen these before.
I agree ... look at the size of the car that looks like it is parked right next to the driveway and compare that to the size of the house ... photoshopped!! :cheesygri

1 - 20 of 41 Posts