Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried home shows in the past and they were all duds.
I'm thinking of trying again but hesitant of spending $1500 for another dud.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
tonyc56 said:
I've tried home shows in the past and they were all duds. I'm thinking of trying again but hesitant of spending $1500 for another dud.
Yes. I normally gross at least 50times the amount of money I put into it.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. I normally gross at least 50times the amount of money I put into it.
I'm curious to your home show success is it due to the location of the booth, the display or combination of both.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
I keep my booth simple, without big displays in order to give people room to walk into the booth.

I also engage nearly everyone that walks by. Normally I just say hello but occasionally I say "you look like you need a roof".

When I am speaking with someone I let them tell me about their problem. I then describe who we are in a short paragraph and tell them how we can solve their problem.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I keep my booth simple, without big displays in order to give people room to walk into the booth.

I also engage nearly everyone that walks by. Normally I just say hello but occasionally I say "you look like you need a roof".

When I am speaking with someone I let them tell me about their problem. I then describe who we are in a short paragraph and tell them how we can solve their problem.
Do you close sales in the booth?

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
CarpenterSFO said:
Do you close sales in the booth?
I've never closed sales in the booth but the time in the booth makes the difference.

It helps when I tell them that they are talking to me here and I will be the one talking to them in their home. My phone number is on this card and I answer when you call.

I normally get a good sense of how serious the person is by the time I'm done meeting with them.

·
Registered
Custom
13,752 Posts
Home shows only work when you work them... during and after... use the shows to actually schedule appointments right there and then... use an appointment book or better yet an on-screen appointment calendar with green colors which show slots open and red when they are reserved. The idea is to create interest.

Most guys fail at shows because they don't close the deal... ABC... always be closing...

Now you don't just ask for an appointment but LEAD them to it... soft-sell...

Getting them engaged in a conversation usually breaks the ice enough to say "I think what we should do next is schedule a time to get together after the show to go over this in more detail, and get some measurement so I can answer your questions and give you what we all want... the price... how's that sound?"...

If after spending time with you, and going for the appointment and getting declined, you may have just met a nice person...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts