Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you are. If you can't infer the real question which is : What is the best hardwood nailer for the money please do not reply!

·
Carpe Diem
20,742 Posts
you are. If you can't infer the real question which is : What is the best hardwood nailer for the money please do not reply!

Wow, thanks for the kindergarten reply. I know you are but what am I :tt2:

Apparently you don't know what an oxymoron is.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/OXYMORON

I meant "cheap" & "best" don't usually come into play when you're buying a professional tool.

Good luck with your cheap tool :rolleyes: or should I say tools...Lowes tile cutter :laughing:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A well trained professional can use the cheap tools and get better results than an amateur with the most expensive tools. Like a good hair dresser, call one.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
A well trained professional can use the cheap tools and get better results than an amateur with the most expensive tools. Like a good hair dresser, call one.
Riiiight...........*nutjob*:whistling

Cheap is cheap. If you can't afford good, then you ain't (good). Quality earns you business.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
To prove my point, how come you just didn't type in cheap floor nailer in google and pick your own? If you're such a professional, you can work with anything. Even those cheapassed Chinese plastic thingies sold at harbor freight.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so you are saying a 2000 dollar table saw is better than a 200 dollar table saw with the same blade on it? As far as the flooring industry goes, no it isn't. (thats a metaphor)
I have a pni 3/8 flooring stapler, I saw they cost like 500 for the 3/4 inch pneumatic nailer, stanley and duo-fast is cheaper still, then there are some lesser known brands. it's the lesser known brands that i am curious about.

If you guys are so good why are you sitting at home?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually looked at harbor freight to make sure they don't sell the ones i was looking at. can you answer the question validly or not?

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
so you are saying a 2000 dollar table saw is better than a 200 dollar table saw with the same blade on it? As far as the flooring industry goes, no it isn't. (thats a metaphor)
I have a pni 3/8 flooring stapler, I saw they cost like 500 for the 3/4 inch pneumatic nailer, stanley and duo-fast is cheaper still, then there are some lesser known brands. it's the lesser known brands that i am curious about.

If you guys are so good why are you sitting at home?
I'm at work. Getting paid to argue with you. Feel better now? Buy chinese if you so desire but when was the last time you did any work for the chinese? I buy American because Americans are my customers.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good point, so which hardwood nailer do you use? maybe if you took the time to answer a simple question with a simple answer you could focus on helping a fellow american make an informed decision on which hardwood nailer to buy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dear Smart Ass,

I'm sorry to hear that your wife is in the hospital. Maybe that is a good enough excuse for your irritable and annoying behavior. I asked a simple question. I am a small business owner who is trying to support my family. I don't have a lot of extra money to spend on sweet ass tools. I just wanted to know if someone knew of a good tool that doesn't cost a fortune. Now you have inundated my day with this conversation and I am no closer to a solution. Do you have any ideas or are you just blowing hot air?

·
Carpe Diem
20,742 Posts
Dear Smart Ass,

I'm sorry to hear that your wife is in the hospital. Maybe that is a good enough excuse for your irritable and annoying behavior. I asked a simple question. I am a small business owner who is trying to support my family. I don't have a lot of extra money to spend on sweet ass tools. I just wanted to know if someone knew of a good tool that doesn't cost a fortune. Now you have inundated my day with this conversation and I am no closer to a solution. Do you have any ideas or are you just blowing hot air?
Hey cheapass tool guy,

my first post WAS good advice. your quest for "cheap" tools is going nowhere. What, you're the only guy supporting a family? Your question leads me (& others) to question how professiaonl you are. I've had to struggle to get the tools I need to give the best service possible.

Since you're of the mind set you can do great work with Harbor Freight tools, have at it. You want a suggestion, you won't get from me. You sound like you believe Craftsman is too good for you.

However, I do suggest you watch out for Bob's website. You might be listed on it soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Still no valid answer. So you think i am not struggling right now to find the best cheapest tool? (All I found was the biggest tool). I am not going to let you tarnish this website by making me think you are all it has to offer.
The tool doesn't make the installer. It just makes the job easier. I can tell you are one of those dumb****s that prides himself on his tool collection and not on his skill set.

What installer on here couldn't do the same job with a craftsman vs dewalt or precision vs crain. You are just one of those idiots that thinks because you own a tool you can do something with it. good luck with that attitude. I am going with the bostitch from lowes because i get 10% off with the corp acct.

·
Carpe Diem
20,742 Posts
I am going with the bostitch from lowes because i get 10% off with the corp acct.
Well there ya go, problem solved. If you sign up with Lowes moving you get a 10% coupon too.

How the hell do you know my skills or what I'm capable of? I think you're mad YOU got called out & are taking it out on me.

You're serious when you say a cheap tool can perform as well as a high quality one? So the only difference is the operator? That's insane and an insult to true professionals.

Good luck with your Bostitch & don't forget about the additional 10% off. I wouldn't want you to spend too much.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
so you are saying a 2000 dollar table saw is better than a 200 dollar table saw with the same blade on it?
:stupid:WOW here is Proof that there is SUCH A THING AS A STUPID Question!
(metaphorically Speaking)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts