Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doesn't seem like many here are in the hardwood flooring industry. Most are in tile or carpet.

Or...maybe everyone is just too busy to post....this could be it...

If you are a hardwood guy/gal, please sound off. Where is your business and how many years in the industry?

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
40+ yrs. Split pegged, pegged, plugged, planked, T&G, lapped, you name it. Home or boat.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Teetorbilt said:
40+ yrs. Split pegged, pegged, plugged, planked, T&G, lapped, you name it. Home or boat.

What about a tour bus. I put laminate in a buddies tour bus. I usually do real wood but for his bus laminate was the best choice.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
No one has ever asked me to do a bus, I would imagine it being the same as doing a boat. PITA.

·
Registered
76 Posts
San Francisco Bay Area here in CA. Been doing it for 16 years. Been on my own for little over 5.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Roanoke, VA. Started on my own 9 1/2 years ago installing hardwood, laminates, tile, glass block showers, ect. That makes me barely an infant at this stage. One day would like to expand out into sand/finishing.

have a great day fellas

·
Registered
363 Posts
Teetorbilt said:
No one has ever asked me to do a bus, I would imagine it being the same as doing a boat. PITA.
It was kind of difficult, had some radius's but it came out top notch, I dont know about a boat though, that souds a little tough. Oh what does PITA mean... :confused:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have been in the hardwood flooring industry for over 12 years here in the Pacific Northwest. some time in Idaho and the last 8 years here in the Seattle area. I do mostly remodels and a few new construction homes and only a few commercial jobs. I do only real wood and real wood engineered floors both prefinished and site finished nail down or glue down.

Yes I have hardwood floors in my own house...Character Grade Cherry and Quartered Brazillian Cherry. Pretty nice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Donedat said:
Doesn't seem like many here are in the hardwood flooring industry. Most are in tile or carpet.

Or...maybe everyone is just too busy to post....this could be it...

If you are a hardwood guy/gal, please sound off. Where is your business and how many years in the industry?
12 years, mostly custom; borders, inlays, french-knot designs, etc. In MA.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
trimguy said:
12 years, mostly custom; borders, inlays, french-knot designs, etc. In MA.
Thanks. Thought I was going crazy. Was wondering if there were any guys out there that just did real wood. Everyone seems to want to welcome this new laminate market with open arms.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts