Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Project Manager
2,642 Posts
In all honesty, it should not be hard to figure it out on your own.

Call the supplier for material costs, estimate your time/labor costs, incidental items (nails, caulk, etc.), break down and set up time and you have yourself an estimate.

Don't forget to factor in your overhead and profit.

Asking other people for a number - you are going to be low or high - doesn't mean you will lose or make money - it could mean one person has low overhead, therefore a lower install price.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No its really not all that sometimes I sub through a sub sometimes but the sofit and fasica goes with the house if ya know what i mean. I don't buy no material at all just labor. The sub is only payin 8 bucks a foot which i think is pretty cheap for hardie. It does go quick but I think it should pay more then a metal job. I seen numbers from the other post like wow in the back of my head.

·
Project Manager
2,642 Posts
No its really not all that sometimes I sub through a sub sometimes but the sofit and fasica goes with the house if ya know what i mean. I don't buy no material at all just labor. The sub is only payin 8 bucks a foot which i think is pretty cheap for hardie. It does go quick but I think it should pay more then a metal job. I seen numbers from the other post like wow in the back of my head.
How many feet do you average in an hour?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is how my crew works. Tear off all siding, wrap and tape the house, run a course line, get inspected. Start siding get to the top of the wall tear off old sofit and fasica drop the gutter if needed then run the sofit and fasica. So I can't really give you an hourly number on that because all the prep work to get it going. We used to tear off the whole thing but a few HO's don't like seeing the open sofit and wanted us to cover it up, which is a pain in the butt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.