Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
902 Posts
I'm not a framer by any stretch of the imagination, but I did frame this, and since it was the only one I ever framed, that qualifies it as the hardest.

Three clips show a render done with Chief Architect software, a shot with framing almost done, and a shot with the house done.

The eyebrow was fun, but the toughest thing was its underside ceiling, and itegrating my scratchbuilt quarter-round windows to fit concentric to the inside arch.

Attachments

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
This was another complicated stick frame. There were several commons on the main ridge that required 24'ers to make the plateline. Tails were added on with 4' scabs w/ tailcut. there are 2 dormers on the back that I couldn't get pics of.

Attachments

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
engineered tall walls, all 2x8 timberstand ,each section of glass was a seperate window 18' to the peak of cathedrawl ceiling.sheathing them in was a nightmare because it wasnt staged up...... dont ask because i did ask for staging they said just do it off ladders......, and .. i was a 3rd year apprentice getting ready to go in for 4th year courses in a couple months. had a preapprentice cutting for me......

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
eyebrow

I taught the class Tim U. and Sim took in Portland Or. last January .
The class will happen next fall at The Heartwood School in Becket Ma.
The school also teaches several very good classes on timber framing .
The eyebrow class is all about drawing and no math at all
Billy

·
Registered
108 Posts
Any more information about that class, I'd be interested.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check out the Heartwood School web site They will have when the class will be scheduled. I went out to Portland because the guys out there got enough guys interested to make it work out . I would do the same for anyplace, if you can get at least seven people together for three intensive days of drawing and shop time the class can happen . Tim ,and Sim, can testify to the class and its content. Feel free to email me for more info
Billy

41 - 47 of 47 Posts