Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me as of right now it's a eyebrow dormer I didn't even know where to begin to figure it mathematically so I had to wing it.It turned out good but was a nightmarish task.

How about you guys?

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
A small handful of guys can figure out an eyebrow mathematically:blink:, and i am not one of them:no:, GMOD

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
I would like to say the most fun thing to frame.

Copleted roof.jpg

Top mock up.jpg

Top bolted down.jpg

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
gus that is way cool, luv the cheek block tensioner:thumbup:
Thanks, your decks are hard to beat too.:thumbsup:

This was done in a small town in SW Colorado. The house ended up looking nothing like the print. I just kept the inspector in the loop about structural details and he let us site engineer the whole structure. He loved what we were doing.

Those bolts you see holding the rafter logs to the center log are 5/8"lags welded to all thread. No way would I have been able to do all of this with out an engineer anywhere else I have worked.

Went off like a dream. I still visit the house every few years and all is well.

Most fun I ever had building a house.:thumbsup:

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Most of you guys have seen these before, but for those of you that haven't....

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
I would say my first hip over a bay with little guidance was a *****

·
Palisade Point Const.
2,276 Posts
I wish I had pictures of it- a little tiny addition on a log house. It was the most cut up framing that you could possibly imagion. You could probabably frame something 3-4 times larger with the same amount of wood, just because of all the funky angles and extra blocking and such. Studs with compound miters on both ends, fun stuff like that.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts