Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone has a suggestion for an aftermarket replacement for a Stiletto Titanium hickory handled hammer....and yes I realize its a good excuse for a Ti-Bone and I may go that route but I still want to get this one back in action.

This handle lasted a little over a month and a half, last one lasted something like 5 months. I realize I'm abusive but i wasn't leaning on it THAT hard.

·
Banned
337 Posts
I would recommend a Plumb or Estwing solid steel framing hammer 28oz or heavier. I have yet to have one fail me unlike the mushrooming heads on Stilettos and wood handles suck. Let alone all the swinging you will save by having a hammer with some wieght. I've been swinging a 32oz for the last 25 years without any problems.

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
I would recommend a Plumb or Estwing solid steel framing hammer 28oz or heavier. I have yet to have one fail me unlike the mushrooming heads on Stilettos and wood handles suck.
28 oz....No thanks.Once I tried a ti hammer I never have gone back.My joints thank me everyday...And I personally love wood handles.

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
i feel your pain with the wood handles, im on my 4th since jan of last year. and my latest handle is starting to get bad, i have to crack the head on top so it will slide back down the handle. so i leave it strictly for framing. been using my lee valley japanese hammer for most tasks smaller face which makes getting in tight spaces easier than the titan

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,293 Posts
...And I personally love wood handles.
I don't mind a wood handle per se, but is it just me? My fingers are typically so calloused and dry that without some sort of rubber grip the hammer's just as likely to go sailing as to hit its target. Used to be that way just in winter, but for the last 3-4 years, it's year-round.

I use a steel Estwing, and it hasn't mistreated me yet.

·
New and Remodel Carpentry
93 Posts
Just a little tip on wood handles. Use bat tape on them works wonders when your grip is sweaty. You can find it at any local sports store.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Call them and ask 1 800 987 1849
I did when I couldn't find a replacement, they will only sell a replacement for 22 bucks plus shipping, no discount for having a crap handle no suggestion of an aftermarket handle...just buy the full titanium one.

I would recommend a Plumb or Estwing solid steel framing hammer 28oz or heavier. I have yet to have one fail me unlike the mushrooming heads on Stilettos and wood handles suck. Let alone all the swinging you will save by having a hammer with some wieght. I've been swinging a 32oz for the last 25 years without any problems.
Bender I can sink em better with a light hammer, just like a light driver in golf, a light cue in pool etc. And with a light hammer your pants don't fall off your arse.

I use steel hammers for demo (and when I break my wooden ones) and they are tough as nails but give me wikkid tennis elbow. Espicially thoes fiberglass handled ones outch!

Once I tried a ti hammer I never have gone back.My joints thank me everyday
Same, only people that love heavy hammers are thoes who haven't tried a light one.

I don't mind a wood handle per se, but is it just me? My fingers are typically so calloused and dry that without some sort of rubber grip the hammer's just as likely to go sailing as to hit its target.
I sweat like a pig, so a smooth straight hickory handle does me just fine with my clammy palms.

The trouble I have is when you really get that hammer flying a few overstrikes will really weaken it, then in the heat of the moment you flip ir around to pry out a nail or board and you break the handle off halfways inside the head. Always seems to be in the same place.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Stiletto 18-Inch Curved Replacement Handle

Anyone has a suggestion for an aftermarket replacement for a Stiletto Titanium hickory handled hammer....and yes I realize its a good excuse for a Ti-Bone and I may go that route but I still want to get this one back in action.
try amazon
Stiletto 18-Inch Curved Replacement Handle
Buy new: $13.90
11 Used & new from $6.99:clap:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts