Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Punching above his weight
12,671 Posts
Even if you buy the corresponding trim it's not a perfect match. The corner block is an 8th or so larger.

So stupid for so many reasons.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
yes crown is so hard to hang now with air nailers grinders sliding miter saws.maybe just hire someone and set in a chair and watch

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Someone should market these no miter corners for shoe molding, too. Think of he time savings!
Hey, don't laugh!

Go pitch it to someone.

It is sure to be a phenomenal success with all the stupid people in society we have these days. (Oh, I'm sorry, "mentally challenged".)

·
Lazy Millennial
Carpenter
4,024 Posts
We renovated part of a house that had a similar set up for the bull nose corners on the baseboard. The home owner did the base a couple months prior. I would have scrapped them and made 3 piece corners but because of the customer's budget we had to salvage the base and the corners. What a pain to make look decent, it was my first experience with them and I hope it's my last.

·
Fine Handcrafted Opinions
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Youngin' said:
I should have looked closer at that photo. Never mind, different thing entirely. I'll blame it on being sick and hazy. :laughing: I was was referring to outside corners that homeowners can buy if they don't know how to cut them.
They had outside corners too.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I feel like it might be possible to make something that would look halfway decent there, like a giant plinth block, I just can't picture what it would look like.

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
I feel like it might be possible to make something that would look halfway decent there, like a giant plinth block, I just can't picture what it would look like.
They make those too. It is basically a rectangular chunk of wood with a decorative piece at the bottom. They make them for inside and outside corners.

I saw a whole house done how I described above. Damn guy couldn't even get those joints tight. :sick:

·
Drywall Slave
9,441 Posts
I saw that this morning on This old house!

·
Hack
3,014 Posts
These things are ridiculous.
I was asked to use them by an h. o. and I tried them on a couple corners when installing some cruddy polyurethane crown.
I gave up on the corner blocks, cut a few corners in, boxed up the prefabbed ones, had the h. o. come look at the differences in quality, and then sent them back to the store with the box in hand for a refund on the corner pieces.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts