Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Let's not spark another pie fight without some evidence.

·
DGR,IABD
9,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Teetorbilt said:
Let's not spark another pie fight without some evidence.
Yeah, that's right. Stop blaming kids, when the hacker has already identified himself as an Islamic Egyptian.

·
Back from the dead...
6,646 Posts
Actually, that scorpion name is familiar. I do believe the same guy/guys hacked into a friends site, wallpaperinstaller.com. Ron traced them back, and found they were some kids from united arab emirates. And supposedly Ron and his programming buddies hacked back in and raised some hell of their own. At any rate, just changing the homepage to say some ignorant $hit is pretty harmless, unless your business relies upon it at all times.

I also recall Ron was using an outdated version of V-bulletin, and had neglected critical upgrades.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
md, I worked with an Islamic Egyptian for many years. I can say that while he was not pro American, he had valid reasons why he was not. I can also tell you that he was not about ready to blow himself up. His kids, born and raised here, were as American as anyone. Maybe they prayed a bit more often but maybe we should consider doing the same.

Imagine Moslems out-doing Christians on prayer time. Must be sacrilege!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Teetorbilt said:
Maybe they prayed a bit more often but maybe we should consider doing the same.

Imagine Moslems out-doing Christians on prayer time. Must be sacrilege!
My minister had a Muslim as a roommate in college, the guy prayed 5 times a day. My minister said the same thing about them out praying Christians and this is where he developed his prayer habits of today. He felt that he should be praying as much as his roommate....something like how odd it was that a muslim was praying more than a Christian.

·
Registered
414 Posts
mdshunk said:
Yeah, that's right. Stop blaming kids, when the hacker has already identified himself as an Islamic Egyptian.
So, what kind of site is/was it, to be a target of "Islamic Egyptians?"

·
Registered
414 Posts
I see that the site's back up. Did you ever find out for sure who hacked it, or are you taking the word of the hacker, that it's the work of "Islamic Egyptians?"

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Forums are easily hacked because quite often forum software is out of date. This happened to me once. Once a real hacked figures out how to hack he will release a "hack pack" and all the script kiddes who then take the "hack pack" and find out of date websites by using search engines and then initiate drop 'em.

I backup my forums at least once a month sometimes more frequent if I remember. I could swet this for automatic but I am too lazy to save myself the time :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts