Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else is having any problems with "new" hacksaw Blades painted white ??? I have bought quite a few different brands lately "most of them White" and the paint on them make them stick & very hard to saw thru anything because of it. I have some Made in Usa & China & they all seem to be like this-

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
The paint kinda makes the blade jam a bit; to be honest I rarely break out my hacksaw, if its a quick score I use the greenlee handsaw that takes sawzall blades. If I need to cut more then that out comes an electric saw.

Mike what do you even use your hacksaw for that the paint becomes an issue?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The paint kinda makes the blade jam a bit; to be honest I rarely break out my hacksaw, if its a quick score I use the greenlee handsaw that takes sawzall blades. If I need to cut more then that out comes an electric saw.

Mike what do you even use your hacksaw for that the paint becomes an issue?
I use a hacksaw for cutting many metal materials that would vibrate,etc with a power tool- such as cutting off the ends of the "metal jambs" when installing a Storm door- & many other situations- a hacksaw is still an old standby that can't be replaced.....................

1 - 4 of 4 Posts