Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
It is a certification from Haag Engineering. Haag is the company who all insurance companies use as a guideline for storm damage to homes.
Their certification cannot hurt. If you are very seasoned in this business their seminars are pretty elementary. Being a TX native, I have worked dozens of claims with the Haag boys and have enjoyed working with them for the most part. We usually come to a fair conclusion. Having said that, I will say this....they DO work for the carrier. They have a pretty good bag of tricks and I would say that they are about 80% show and 20% fact....but thier 20% fact is pretty good stuff.

They are slowly running their course on the hail impact side as most engineers are. Insurance companies are tired of paying $1500 for a report on a standard hail claim and not getting anything beyond a paid opinion. They still have a place in structure loss and are quite good at it.

Don't be fooled by the fancy initials after people's names. They put their pants on the same way we do. It is always good business to keep learning, but don't get too sucked in by their position in the market. All of these guys are losing market share from the insurance carriers as they are tired of footing thier enormous bills.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Their certification cannot hurt. If you are very seasoned in this business their seminars are pretty elementary. Being a TX native, I have worked dozens of claims with the Haag boys and have enjoyed working with them for the most part. We usually come to a fair conclusion. Having said that, I will say this....they DO work for the carrier. They have a pretty good bag of tricks and I would say that they are about 80% show and 20% fact....but thier 20% fact is pretty good stuff.

They are slowly running their course on the hail impact side as most engineers are. Insurance companies are tired of paying $1500 for a report on a standard hail claim and not getting anything beyond a paid opinion. They still have a place in structure loss and are quite good at it.

Don't be fooled by the fancy initials after people's names. They put their pants on the same way we do. It is always good business to keep learning, but don't get too sucked in by their position in the market. All of these guys are losing market share from the insurance carriers as they are tired of footing thier enormous bills.
Very opinionated post but that’s all it is YOUR opinion.
What does being a TX native have to do with anything I am a MN native so what? HAAG is worldwide Forensic Failure & Damage consultant and has been in business since 1924.
They DO NOT work for the carrier they give a non-biased opinion of their findings regardless of who hires them. The facts ARE the facts. By saying what you did you are saying they bend the facts and find for the company they are hired by. That’s a strong accusation and should be backed up with evidence.
I am proud to be a HAAG Certified Roofing Inspector and a contractor. I will tell you this I’m sure not losing market share, I have done nothing but grow financially with the credentials I have earned from HAAG.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts