Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Roofing Siding Windows
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't seen a gutter thread around. I know there's gotta be guys doing their own gutters! Post up a picture of your setup!

We have a small 8-6 trailer we use for our gutter installations. Everything fits easy and isn't cluttered. Surprising! We run a Metal Man 555 and gotta say, it works pretty good with the amount of use it gets. We're pretty busy putting up about 1000-1200ft a week.

Floor Flooring Electrical wiring Technology Asphalt

Transport Vehicle Bus Cable car Car

·
Registered
346 Posts
nice set up, sooo, the gutter guy I use has several different trailers, one for each gutter shape. not cargo trailers, just the narrow ones with the die head and rolls of material.....how do you change yours with this set up? do you just change the dies for each gutter design? always curious as to why he (my gutter guy) runs several different trailers...

·
Roofing Siding Windows
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice set up, sooo, the gutter guy I use has several different trailers, one for each gutter shape. not cargo trailers, just the narrow ones with the die head and rolls of material.....how do you change yours with this set up? do you just change the dies for each gutter design? always curious as to why he (my gutter guy) runs several different trailers...
We only have one style, we can't interchange different dies. It's just a standard gutter though and we've never had anyone ask us about different styles. I can't see owning several trailers for different style gutters, especially when I've never had a homeowner ask me if we offer anything different. But if it came up, I'd simply tell them we only offer one style.

·
Roofing Siding Windows
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
99% of gutters around here or 5" or 6". We have both machines inside a box truck side by side.
We use 5 inch, if for any reason a customer asks for 6 inch I call my buddy with a 6 inch die and use his machine. I've thought about buying a 6 inch and getting a bigger trailer but I can't justify spending the money since I've had maybe 3 customers ask for 6 inch in 4 years

·
Registered
17 Posts
We use 5 inch, if for any reason a customer asks for 6 inch I call my buddy with a 6 inch die and use his machine. I've thought about buying a 6 inch and getting a bigger trailer but I can't justify spending the money since I've had maybe 3 customers ask for 6 inch in 4 years
I only have a 5" as well. I sub out 6". So far, haven't really needed it. Hoping to get a combo this year, if I setup a 2nd crew. I'm looking to buy a manual elbow bending machine. Has anyone used any?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts