Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working a job where I am to put on gutters, but the fascia is on an angle to compliment the rafter pitch. What I mean is the butts of the rafters are at 90 degrees to the rafters, so let's just say if I install the gutters flat on the fascia the gutters will be at a 30 degree pitch.

In this case we usually bevel rip a 2" x 4" to compliment the pitch and install our gutter on the beveled 2" x 4" which causes the gutter to install straight up and down.

To make a long story short... Are there any other alternatives to the beveled 2" x 4"?

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I have seen manufactured brackets to allieviate this problem. Unfortunately they are sold at a local lumber store, yours may have them too if you ask. I have also seen them advertised in the back pages of 'This Old House".

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Grumpy, I'll do a little homework for you. May take a few days though, I'm buried.
Belive it or not, this is how I relax.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Teetor if not for these forums I'd have had a heart attack a few days ago. I am burried. In the past 2 days, not counting today, I worked a total of 26 hours.

Johnny, I've seen the typical straight brackets by home depot. I have never seen the angled brackets. I'll swing by and take a look later today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts