Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i know this has nothing to do with construction, but i do know there are a few guitar buffs out there so here is my question.

For Christmas my wife got me an electric guitar. freaking awsome right. Well the only thing is the neck is heavier than the body. I have estimated about 1 to 1.5 pounds. So i thought about getting some weights and putting them in the compartment for all the electrical. Haven't found anything that works well yet. Its a solid body guitar. Any ideas?
thanks
Chris

·
strat hd
1,695 Posts
Get strap locks and put a weight if you really need to on the tail end.
For me the lighter the better ! That's why I like strats.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Sweet! What kind of guitar is it? I cant really see in the pic, ibanez maybe?

Anyway, what about using an acoustic strap that you can tie around the headstock underneath the strings right in front of the nut? It would look lame, but it may help with comfort. Otherwise just keep playin it, you'll get used to it.

I tend to like a heavier guitar. I play the Les Paul most often, then when I go pick up my strat its like picking up a toy its that much lighter.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I enjoy guitars, I really like to listen to somebody that can pick.....:thumbsup:

sadly, the only musical instrument I can play is the radio:sad:

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
That's called neck dive and is more common in basses then in guitars.If you move the strap button on the bottom closer to the bass side ,to the left facing,it should fix it.

edit...

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm wondering if you might just get used to it after awhile of handling it.

It took me awhile to get used to the Les Paul after playing strats and strat knock-offs for many years, but I prefer the heavier weight Les Paul now.

Have you played other guitars before, or is this your first one?

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
I'm wondering if you might just get used to it after awhile of handling it.

It took me awhile to get used to the Les Paul after playing strats and strat knock-offs for many years, but I prefer the heavier weight Les Paul now.

Have you played other guitars before, or is this your first one?
I don't think it the heavy weight as much as it's the neck dive.
Les Pauls are heavy but the are balanced...
Moving the strap button will fix it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Moving the strap button will fix it.
makes sense now i just have to figure out where it needs to be

1 - 9 of 9 Posts