Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Senior Estimator
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running Paydirt Sitework 5.22. I have a GTCO Calcomp Super L IV digitizer with a wireless 16 button puck. The controller for the board has both USB & serial connectors. My computer is running Windows XP and has a dedicated 9 pin serial port and USB port.

Does anyone have experience on how to get the board to communicate with the computer. I'm running Wintab and Tabletworks. However, current GTCO docs suggest each may be only applicable to either USB or serial. Also, the digitizer "select mode" on top of the board only works in serial mode.

I can get the board to run in stream mouse mode within Windows. However, Sitework does not respond.

If you have the tech background for this problem, I would like to pick your brain. If 9600, 8, 1, and none or IRQs mean anything to you, you may be able to help.

Thanks, Ernie

·
Senior Estimator
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Keep it simple

In the end, I discovered it is much easier to keep my takeoff system simple. I went to the used computer store and bought a Pentium 4 computer with a 9 pin serial port on the mother board.

Paydirt / Sitework works very well on that old processor. And my GTCO digitizer hooked up to the computer through the serial port in minutes.

I now have my Sitework software running on a dedicated computer.

And the computer cost me $85.00, with a key board and mouse. Who belives it; I spent more on my HP calculator!

Problem solved.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts