Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently working on a house were the homeowner had asked me if I could assist in leveling the backyard. The backyard appeared to of had a above ground swimming pool and also appears to have water collect in the yard. I am looking for ideas on how I could correct the unlevel ground and track down the cause of the standing water. I was thinking about rototilling the backyard, regrade, and re-seed. Does anyone have a low cost way of correcting this problem?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Depending on the size of the back yard you are working with you have two options. If it is a huge back yard, bigger than most average then you might want to bring in a small dozer such as a CAT D3 and do the re-grade with if you can run one. If it is not huge or even if it is and you cant run a dozer then rent a mini track loader such as a Mustang or even a largew skid steer and a harley rake and 4-n-1 bucket. You and take the harley rake and grind up and loosed the first few inches of top soil, at which point you can take the 4-n-1 and fine grade the yard to the way the customer would like it. Keep in mind that the common grade (and in alot of places it is code) is 1inch of fall for every foot of run.

Depending on how bad the wet spot is you might end up bringing in a few yards of topsoil to help fill the low spot.

Justin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts