Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
bathroom guru
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished up a shower where we used Grohes new F series digital valves. We mounted the thermostatic / diverter valve in the basement below the shower. It was then piped to three outlets: 2- F series body sprays, a 10" F series flush mount rain shower shower head, and a 2 head freehander shower arm.
Buried in the wall is a transceiver which is connected to the valve via cable. The controllers are wireless. The first controller turns the valve on, adjusts temperature and volume. The 2nd is the diverter.
All in all...a very impressive system...other than the instructions! They were a little confusing!

Attachments

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
51,879 Posts
So that's a 2 gallon per minute flow....right?

:laughing:

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
51,879 Posts
Curious. Can they take a shower if the power goes out? That assumes they don't have well water which would go out without power also.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
51,879 Posts
Hope they have a generator. Did you explain that to them :snicker snicker:

·
Registered
8,695 Posts
I am sure if they can afford all of that from Grohe they most likely have more than one house.

I would have likes to see that sales order ticket. Grohe does not sell packages units, all parts are separate and each have their own part #

That is probably like 50 separate items there, one wrong number and something does not fit or you have to come back again

·
bathroom guru
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Leo G said:
They realize they won't be able to use this shower with a power outage, but, they have 4 other bathrooms in the house with showers or tubs...they'll be fine! Lol

·
bathroom guru
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rrk said:
I am sure if they can afford all of that from Grohe they most likely have more than one house. I would have likes to see that sales order ticket. Grohe does not sell packages units, all parts are separate and each have their own part # That is probably like 50 separate items there, one wrong number and something does not fit or you have to come back again
Actually, it wasn't all that bad. The valve and wireless controllers were one item, the power supply another, then the body sprays and shower heads.

·
bathroom guru
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rrk said:
What finish is on the ceiling?
MR Drywall, well painted. Customer didn't want tile on the ceiling. To ensure steam and moisture would be minimized we installed a 250 CFM inline fan with the inlet just outside the shower.

·
Registered
8,695 Posts
Actually, it wasn't all that bad. The valve and wireless controllers were one item, the power supply another, then the body sprays and shower heads.
Usually every little part is separate, valve, thermostatic control, trim, knob, escutcheon, multiport valve, drop ell, spout, shower arm, arm escutcheon, sh head, body spray.........on and on

They should just have a package and just need to specify how many body sprays and thats all

·
Registered
1 Posts
How does the freehander maintain its position ?, would it be possible to hang it from
the ceiling ?
looking for something which is child-proof

1 - 13 of 13 Posts