Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a G9983 15" belt sander that another carpenter had purchased but never set up so it is actually brand new and paid significantly less than new price. I have been working on it all day and was running some short ends 30" of oak through it to make the final adjustments and that is where the trouble began. I noticed that on the tail end of the board that there is a bit of snipe about 3" from the end no matter which board or direction of travel. I am out of ideas for resolving this problem, any ideas?? I have checked and adjusted the pressure rollers and they are within specs below the sanding rollers. I am currently running the platen even with the sanding rollers per spec for finish sanding. I have tried adjusting the pressure roller tension on the rear roller both more and less and tried adjusting the front roller also just out of curiosity. When adjusting the roller tension I moved the adjustment nut about and 1/8" either way of factory set. Do I need to make a larger adjustment to get a better satisfactory finish? Just not sure what step to take next. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
called three times today, just to help clarify the owners manual, they basically told me to continue adjusting the roller tension and height till I got the right combination. Going to call again in the morning, bout ready to throw my arms up on this one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts