Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Thats not easy to do without a thickness sander of some kind. Did you make a new purchase you would like to share with us?

You are going to post the set up pics sooner or later so lets just cut to the chase.

I would do that with a box joint set up with the miter gauge on the table saw. An auxiliary fence on the gauge, cut the half lap dado depth trough the fence, move the fence over the spacing amount and place a stick in the dado on the fence the same dimension as the dado.

Take your wide stock and cut a dado, move it on top of the stick protruding from the fence, cut again and again and again.

Rip and size the sticks to fit the dado.

Something like that?

Why do we have to play this game Bass? You could just post all your pics the first time.:laughing:

·
Artisan Carpentry
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats not easy to do without a thickness sander of some kind. Did you make a new purchase you would like to share with us?

No special sander... just tight tolerances.:blink:

You are going to post the set up pics sooner or later so lets just cut to the chase.

I was in a hurry and took no process pics this time.:no:

I would do that with a box joint set up with the miter gauge on the table saw. An auxiliary fence on the gauge, cut the half lap dado depth trough the fence, move the fence over the spacing amount and place a stick in the dado on the fence the same dimension as the dado.

Take your wide stock and cut a dado, move it on top of the stick protruding from the fence, cut again and again and again.

Rip and size the sticks to fit the dado.

Something like that?

Why do we have to play this game Bass? You could just post all your pics the first time.:laughing:
You have it pretty well down. I do have some extra parts I cut and can post some pics of those later... that will hint at the process... don't mean to be so cryptic.:shifty:

Mo later,

Cheers,

Bass

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
that will hint at the process... don't mean to be so cryptic.:shifty:
Bass
I know you better than that.

You love this game and wish it to live a long life. I'm on to you sir Bass.:laughing:

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
Okay. :clap:
Now I take back all my thoughts
about it looking too flimsy! :laughing:
I've only ever done those as replacement
floor registers for old convection systems.
Looks plenty sturdy for anyone walking up
the wall.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts