Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Greetings- I'm a newbie :-)

1068 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  jaydee
Hi, I'm new here and just wanted to say Hello. I'm in Florida and run a small family owned cleaning business. :)
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Welcome---Join right in---What sort of cleaning? That is a broad field---Mike----
Yes it is, or so I am learning lol. We started off doing residential cleaning but I get a lot of request for property preservation cleaning lately. I did my first 17 empty houses(on next day last minute notice lol) last week for a prop preservation company but, haven't got paid yet- so I may have just learned my first hard lesson.... I'm considering attempting new build cleanups but I'm still in the research phase.
From what I understand,the property preservation business is tough to collect on---lots of loop holes in the contracts----good luck with those---
Get a good deposit with a signed contract.
Then take to small claims court if they don't pay.
Reactions: SimplyScenic
Yep, great advice!!! I already got the lien paperwork, waiting to see if I can work it out without having to file the lien :)
Most cases all I had to do was get the lein paper work and send it to them. They will then usually pay.
Good Luck!
Welcome and much can be learned from seasoned professional contractors, such as CT. :thumbsup:
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.