Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Greetings from the new guy in California

817 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  The Rookie 
#1 ·
Hello, folks!

I've been following this site for a while now, reading up on great real-world advice and experiences.

For years now I've been working as a helper in the family general contracting business. I've been around for everything from demo to finished product (custom homes, small apartment buildings, some commercial & industrial). I'm familiar with the gist of everything and I'm fairly proficient at a few trades as well.

There is, however, very much about the construction business that I've never been exposed to. Namely planning, permits, estimating, contracts, and the financial side of it all.

Now, due to both fortunate and unfortunate circumstances, I'm out on my own. It's a scary place to be, but also an exciting one. There's something about the do-or-die, sink-or-swim, make-something-from-nothing nature of the situation that really gets my heart pumping and balls tingling.

I'm feeling the full spectrum of emotion as I stand before this mountain. I hope that the pros and experts on here can shout down a few words of wisdom to me every now and then from the cliffs above.

I appreciate any and all help I may get. Thank you!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.