Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all.

I just wanted to introduce myself briefly and try to get some pointers or ideas from anyone willing to spare the time to enlighten me. I am currently 36 years old and was born and raised on a farm. To many people being born and raised on a farm means nothing. To me it meant everything my work ethic and workmanship come from these life experiences of being on a farm. If it is broke you fix it and you work all day to get it done if necessary. That being said I have had many jobs most factory start at the bottom level and work my way to the top level or near the top every time. Factory work in the office or on the floor is NOT my thing. I was successful but just plain bored. I started subcontracting and doing construction work about a year ago. I like so many things the independence being my favorite. There are so many challenging things out here I am coming across this year that I wonder if people on here can help me overcome these or just decide this isn't for me. I am into Rehab housing currently. We recently had a break in on two of these homes costing the company 1000s in tool. Is there anything anyone does to make these things not as likely or at least some kind of insurance that covers this. Our current insurance company doesn't insure tools left at job site. This is very painful for our company but we push on. I would also like to know do most general contractors have a permit person. We work all over the state of ohio and permits and codes change constantly how does one person keep up with this. We also have POS to get signed off so the client can sell the home again really time consuming anyone with tips to speed up this process? It seems like so much time is ate up meeting inspectors getting pos signoff pulling permits etc that this could be a persons exclusive job and if so are there any contacts out there that would do this for us for a price anyone knows? I don't want to write a book here but my other question is who has the best discounts for low end homes and who for high end home. We use lowes and home depot but not sure who have the best cuts etc. These are all the reasons that I joined this forum I want to make other contacts in this small world and work to succeed and take as many others as possible along with me on the successful ride. Thanks everyone for your time.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Welcome to ContractorTalk.

I recommend taking all those questions in that one long paragraph and spreading them out in the different forums. You'll find existing threads on some of those topics, and you can start new ones if you have new questions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts