Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
celtic
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

my partner and I have signed up to trek the Great Wall of China for the charity, Macmillan Cancer Support.

Lesley, my partner, lost her Dad to cancer last month and I took up the challenge of fundraising last November and have been busy raising money to help the good work that the charity does with those affected by cancer. Not just the people suffering but the families too.

We will be going next April and have had a couple of fundraisers so far, our next one is a Ladies Handbags and Gladrags Lunch. Link here http://www.the-ferry.co.uk/events.asp?e=615

We have a Just Giving page set up (an organisation that helps to receive and pass on online donations) and would appreciate you on this site having a look. www.justgiving.com/lesley-mark

Any donations, no matter how small, would be appreciated.

BTW, hope this doesn't go against Contractortalk's policy.

Thanks in advance and for reading this.

Mark :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
April can be a little raw up on the wall. I assume you will start just about 5 kn NW of Beijing. If you are hiking the wall take, the tram up and you will be able to go further and still return.

If it is a serious long walk/trek over a few days, you will recognize how many hills and dips there are. It is definitely not level because of the mountains and it follows the crests.

I hope this thread is not rejected and should not be since it is in the General Discussion category.

·
Don't Eat Yellow Snow!
401 Posts
Hi everyone,

my partner and I have signed up to trek the Great Wall of China for the charity, Macmillan Cancer Support.

Lesley, my partner, lost her Dad to cancer last month and I took up the challenge of fundraising last November and have been busy raising money to help the good work that the charity does with those affected by cancer. Not just the people suffering but the families tool

We will be going next April and have had a couple of fundraisers so far, our next one is a Ladies Handbags and Gladrags Lunch. Link here http://www.the-ferry.co.uk/events.asp?e=615

We have a Just Giving page set up (an organisation that helps to receive and pass on online donations) and would appreciate you on this site having a look. www.justgiving.com/lesley-mark

Good luck and enjoy your walk, Macmillan Cancer Support. does great work and there a very good charity to donate too, i have lost my mother and sister both to breast canser,i wish you well.
My g/f and i are getting married on the 21st of this month and as we have set up house and been together 10 yrs we have no great need for wedding presents so we have asked in stead for donations for cancer research.
I will make a donation to macmilon on your behalf.
Good luck
Dave
Dave

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Hi everyone,

Lesley, my partner, lost her Dad to cancer last month and I took up the challenge of fundraising last November and have been busy raising money to help the good work that the charity does with those affected by cancer. Not just the people suffering but the families tool

Good cause and sounds like a great experience to walk the wall!:thumbup:

·
celtic
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys,

the trek is organised so we start where we are taken to. We begin in Beijing and the walk is about 55 miles up and down. We will do it over 7 days and camp some nights so hope it's not too cold, Concretemasonry.

We're used to walking. Did the West Highland Way in Scotland (95 miles) over similar terrain which went well.

Mark

http://www.justgiving.com/lesley-mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts