Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use a grease or wax crayon of some sort for routing the edges of plastic laminate? I usually use whatever keel I have sitting around to protect the surface from getting router burn marks on it, but it can be a pain to wipe off. Where can you buy a marker that's clear and easy to wipe off?

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Paraffin-Wax-16-oz

I'm totally against non bearing bits, but parafin Wax goes way back in my family. So yes it does work ok for non bearing lam bits. Better than Crayons and it's clear. It also works great for making screws go in easier.

·
Interior Remodeling
1,275 Posts
Dave in Pa said:
Crisco? Been doing this stuff for 30 years, NEVER heard of that procedure??? I must have MISSED the bus! LOL Does it "really work"?
Works perfectly. I've done miles of laminate work. Only way I've ever done it. We don't use bearing bits ever. Straight and bevel bits. I stick the front or edge, belt sand, glue/stick the top. Roll it out. Crisco the face of the laminate. Route and waaaaalaaaaa. No burns.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.