Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for guys who have used the granite edges on pour in place tops.

I have a customer whose tops Im pouring in place next week. Im using this edge here: http://store.expressions-ltd.com/servlet/-strse-410/Concrete-Edge-Form-Liner,/Detail

It says you can either use a form release or not. Im just curious if any of you out there have used this type of edge detail on a pour in place and could give me any pointers on getting a nice edge detail with it.

I will be using a vibrator like usual for it, but usually with pour in place I remove the edges the same day so I can smooth them out while the crete is still setting.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Hey 6, I've used the form from matcrete, found on stampsource.com as I remember....didn't use form release, came out dynamite...just a little touch-up on top where the cream feathered out a bit..I am going to find some more projects for these...get some pics!

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
No form release, i have used the big bullnose for step treads PIP, The most important detail is avoiding a transistion line where the form ends and the top surface begins. Also cradle and support the form all along the front edge---The one problem i have had is different thicknesses from one section to another, not sure how long your edge will be, but check the milling of the forms if you have to join sections, GMOD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts