Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been recommending my customers check out granite composite sinks over the last couple years-mostly because their something different and claim to be scratch and stain resistant.

Since they are a newer animal, nobody really knew how they would look in a few years.

Most reports are great, but I have heard a few say that they are experiencing some "veining" around the drain holes. (These are Blanco products)

Anyone else have any feedback from customers? (Who have had them installed for at least 2 years)

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
I've been recommending my customers check out granite composite sinks over the last couple years-mostly because their something different and claim to be scratch and stain resistant.

Since they are a newer animal, nobody really knew how they would look in a few years.

Most reports are great, but I have heard a few say that they are experiencing some "veining" around the drain holes. (These are Blanco products)

Anyone else have any feedback from customers? (Who have had them installed for at least 2 years)
Got one in my kitchen, will let you know in 14 months!:thumbsup:
So far so good!

·
Super Moderator
11,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How did they connect the "outbreak" to the sink? CSI? Madam Ruby? Personal injury lawyer thought it might work?

I'm intrigued Mark. Sounds like they are pulling a McDonalds hot coffee spill scam.

·
Project Manager
2,642 Posts
Tell us more. You are making me nervous.:eek:
You should be. Did you say you just installed one in your own home?

I would run, not walk, to where it is and tear it out immediately. Do not shut off the water first, or strategically disconnect the DWV or the countertops, take a sledge hammer, chain saw, anything, rip it out and get rid of it.

Send me $350 for making you aware of this and saving your family's life. (Oh yea, make sure it is cash).

·
Super Moderator
11,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You should be. Did you say you just installed one in your own home?

I would run, not walk, to where it is and tear it out immediately. Do not shut off the water first, or strategically disconnect the DWV or the countertops, take a sledge hammer, chain saw, anything, rip it out and get rid of it.

Send me $350 for making you aware of this and saving your family's life. (Oh yea, make sure it is cash).
Cookie the clown.

I think this is an isolated incident. I would like to hear more details myself but from what I gather, PC and decorum forbids him to say more.

I have NEVER heard of a bacterial problem, only potential problems with veining around the drains. I think you are fine. He had a scammer on his hands. I get them too occasionally. They usually fall into a certain demographic range.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Whoa---------

:eek: I'm glad I'm not in the loop on that--I have only had one customer install one(they picked and paid-not me) Not sure of the brand.

Were you in a liability situation?

·
Carpe Diem
20,742 Posts
I've used Blanco Silgranit sinks in 4 houses. I have had 1 issue where a pin hole appeared towards the top of one. Almost looked like a knot in wood fell out. Blanco's warranty was BS. They supplied a new sink but no labor for plumbing remove/install or the granite top that needed to be removed/install for the undermount sink.

I have another customer that claims her sink is spider-webbing around the disposal hole. I do see "marks" but it has been fine for the past 2 years. No leaks. They say the sink is scratch resistant so I don't know what it could be.

Other 2 have been fine.

I'm no longer recommended them. If someone specifically asks for one, I tell them my stories and let them decide. Any further warranty work and we charge labor for remove/install.

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
Maybe this'll teach some body
to read the whole thread.

No it won't.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts