Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a work order for a local Staples store that was tagged with black spray paint graffiti on white painted brick.

They want it removed or painted over.

Problem is, we are in freezing temps now.

Since painting is most likely not going to happen now. I was considering using motsenbocker's graffiti removal and a hot water pressure washer.

Any other ideas? Anyone used motsenbocker's?

No idea how long the paint has been there, assume over a month.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
A high pressure hot water wash might remove more paint than you want. I'd eye-match a totally flat latex exterior paint and roll it on over just the graffiti parts after they've been primed with a fast drying latex primer (if needed...test spot areas with finish paint for bleed thru and adhesion problems). Don't know what to tell you about the cold weather. Maybe a couple of rental propane heaters? Commercial building job. Safety first and last.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Unfamiliar with the graffiti removal products.
The hot water heater should take care of it and perhaps the paint under it too.
I would clarify with the customer that if you strip it back too far into the finished paint then touch up / repair can not be completed until spring. Maybe you could still get one or two nice days that you could pull off painting it.

Don't paint it in freezing temps, just asking for trouble as you already know.

Nothing like power washing when it's around freezing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Apparently they didn't like my estimate cause I haven't heard back from them. Maybe they are waiting til spring. Guess we'll see, didn't really want the job this time of year anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts