Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Remodel
31,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these things any good hooked up to A Graco X5? Drips, other issues?

I bought the X5 because I didn't have time to rebuild my Titan 400i. I'll be spraying in an hour or two, but I'm trying to figure out what to do with the X5 long term.

I hate masking. Brush and roll, I may not mask at all, depends on the product. If the power roller speeds up rolling and is controllable enough I can keep masking to a minimum, I'll probably keep it long term for power rolling.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,230 Posts
I loved rolling Pva primer and super paint flat with it. The learning curve is steep. I highly recommend you try making it all work in a closet no one will ever see. Also, Buy an extra gallon of paint. You will definitely waste it when loading and unloading the lines and clearing and flushing everything.

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
Power roller works great for the dumps I work in.

I keep an empty pan nearby for setting the brush down.

I used it on a ranch house last summer. Painted 3 bedrooms, hall, and living room in about 3 hours. And I’m not fast.

IIRC, I put blue tape on the base to catch splatter. I had base but no floor coverings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Remodel
31,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Power roller works great for the dumps I work in.

I keep an empty pan nearby for setting the brush down.

I used it on a ranch house last summer. Painted 3 bedrooms, hall, and living room in about 3 hours. And I’m not fast.

IIRC, I put blue tape on the base to catch splatter. I had base but no floor coverings.

Good info. When I brush and roll, I may not cover baseboards and floors , depending on the flooring and product. If I want to roll real fast, I have to cover because of the spattering. Typically I roll slower to avoid spattering.

Spraying, everything gets covered. The place I'm spraying now has a lot of natural wood trim, so it's way more tedious to make sure no paint gets on anything. Since I'm not fast at masking, I could have brush and rolled in less time. Just tape to keep any splatters or drips off the wood, and go at it. I'm fairly fast at cutting.

Just trying to figure out the fastest way to do things and get good results.

This us the first one with a lot of natural wood trim, so it has really pointed out how bad I am at masking, and faster wats to get everything covered, masked, taped off.

I'll wind up trying the power roller and see what it does for me, but I'm not thrilled being stuck with the covers they offer

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
If you try it and don’t like it you can list it in here and sell it to whoever wanted to paint his van.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I have two of the Graco Jet Rollers, on the right job such as spraying and back rolling, or large areas with minimal cutting in they pay off quick.

If you try to use them on too small of a job they are more trouble than they are worth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts