Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi bro.

i intend to purchase a Graco for my project as a contractors.
have no ideal of what type of graco sprayer to purchase
can brothers here guide me?

-use very often( 5-6 day weekly)
-more to interior and exterior(later part,when biz start growing)
-large scale of job
-budget less then 5 grants
-painting material more on water base paint

appreciate if brothers here can help out on my qus.
Thanks a million in advance

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'd recomend the graco mark IV or V,. More than enough for paint but allows you to shoot thick material if needed in future like mud or epoxy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd recomend the graco mark IV or V,. More than enough for paint but allows you to shoot thick material if needed in future like mud or epoxy.

hi bro stombaugh85.thanks for the reply.i would actually need just painting.i dont think i will use for mud/epoxy.any other recommendation?;)

·
Registered
318 Posts
BRO . If you got a 5" grant" budget your looking to spend then get the best one you can. I assume if your a painter you will shoot thick primers also. Look for 1 gpm or close too it.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Get the biggest the budget will allow. There is not much more disappointing than a year down the road find out if you had spent a little more you could expand your business and your profit margin. It's better to have one that will do more than you want than to have one that won't do what you need.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Get the biggest the budget will allow. There is not much more disappointing than a year down the road find out if you had spent a little more you could expand your business and your profit margin. It's better to have one that will do more than you want than to have one that won't do what you need.
Hi toolnut! Great advise!but would like to have more feedback b4 purchasing.due to company started not long.;)

·
Super Moderator
11,331 Posts
I have had my two Graco 695's for over 10 years. They're work horses and all the power I need for any interior, exterior, residential and commercial painting projects that I do. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have had my two Graco 695's for over 10 years. They're work horses and all the power I need for any interior, exterior, residential and commercial painting projects that I do. :thumbsup:
Hi sir mixalot.i know this machines are really nice ****!!hahaha.that why I intend to get 1 too.but I'm located in Singapore and here don't sell graco products.jus check if you know hw much it cost for 695 over ur side?;)

·
Super Moderator
11,331 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Looks like you have sent a realistic budget. I would think about the following:
gas or electric? The new sprayers can be both where you switch out the motor from one to the other.

How many guns?

Do you anticipate spraying block fillers or epoxy's?

Get the best sprayer you can afford, that suits your needs, cheaper sprayers (regardless of brand) have lighter duty parts intended for non continuous use.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like you have sent a realistic budget. I would think about the following:
gas or electric? The new sprayers can be both where you switch out the motor from one to the other.

How many guns?

Do you anticipate spraying block fillers or epoxy's?

Get the best sprayer you can afford, that suits your needs, cheaper sprayers (regardless of brand) have lighter duty parts intended for non continuous use.

Thanks bro ohio for your advise.
My concern is more on the sprayer.would you like to share some advise on this?on the ultra,st max,nova,airless sprayer terms on the sprayer

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I was with a friend recently who was pricing a new sprayer, my sprayer is years old and to be honest so much has changed, especially with coatings I felt lost listening to them. The choices of sprayers was overwhelming. I do know that the one that can remove the gas motor and clip on an electric motor in just about two minutes caught my attention. If I was wanting to do 50% interior and 50% exterior it would have my attention. Don't rule out Titan.

My advise is know what you need from a sprayer and talk to a rep, they should match a sprayer to your needs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts