Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been a few threads on these. I'm in the market this week for one. Thinking of the Ultra 17M363. Any real difference in performance from the corded or the cordless?

Anybody have one of these. I have an older corded one, but it has started to leak and if I don't wear a rubber glove, I get shocked as I use it. I am a bit concerned about needing the stupid bags for each use on the new one. Or can you refill them with the same color and keep going.

Hoping to use it for a stack of doors and trim we have coming up. It would pay for itself in one day.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Bought one of the cordless one a few months ago. It’s a big improvement over the old ones from years ago. Also the RAC X tips fit the guard.

I just rinse the bag out and reuse. If I’m lazy or it’s getting a bunch of paint stuck I throw it out.

I would highly recommend going cordless, so nice not to worry about dragging the cord on fresh paint.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I had one of the old corded ones. If it will pay fo itself in a day then it’s a no brainer. I would expect the newer cordless to be far superior to any of the older handhelds.
what I found was if I needed to spray more than half a gallon I would go to my airless or hvlp.

·
Contractor
8,213 Posts
I have that Graco Ultra.

I did some kitchen cabinets, well the doors and draw fronts, with it.
They turned out really well. I would recommend a smaller tip than what comes in the box, it puts out a lot of paint, you have to move very fast to avoid runs.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Hopefully, yours lasts longer than mine have. I had the older one, then I had a Dewalt powered one.

Now I use my Grayco 395. It has a 1 gallon hopper. With two whips and no hose, it works pretty well for spraying a door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's my next setup if this doesn't work.

I only went for this one because it has the replaceable pump. The normal ones aren't worth it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Focusing on solutions.
Hardwood floors/custom cabinets
6,086 Posts
That's my next setup if this doesn't work.

I only went for this one because it has the replaceable pump. The normal ones aren't worth it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I just replaced the pump in my ultra. Pretty simple to do, but spendy if ya have to do it often. $170.

I like it for small projects, like a handful of trim or a small wall. But if I've got a gallon or 2 to spray, I'll get out the titan 440 instead.

·
Super Moderator
46,510 Posts
I just replaced the pump in my ultra. Pretty simple to do, but spendy if ya have to do it often. $170.

I like it for small projects, like a handful of trim or a small wall. But if I've got a gallon or 2 to spray, I'll get out the titan 440 instead.
The price of those guns are going for around 700 now. I think I paid just over 5 for mine.

Mike.
___

·
Focusing on solutions.
Hardwood floors/custom cabinets
6,086 Posts
The price of those guns are going for around 700 now. I think I paid just over 5 for mine.

Mike.
___

My second titan 440 was only $800. I imagine they're higher now. No way I'd pay $700 an occasional use handheld sprayer. I think I paid four something for mine through my local Sherwin Williams.

·
Contractor
4,824 Posts
I bought a graco ultra and it worked well for 18 months-sent it in for repair b/c I bought the $40 policy amazon offered and received it back with a new pump. I picked up an extra battery too (dewalt 20v) b/c. Upgraded to the larger flexliner containers and bought a large sleeve of liners off amazon-keeps the cost down.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts