Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I'm a newbie here. Getting started in painting.
a couple questions on equipment.

First am I crazy for buying used, what I'm looking at is about a year old being sold for health reasons.

I'm looking at a Graco 210 se for around $300 and a Titan 440i for around $150. seems like decent values to me, but I'd like some opinions.

thanks

·
It's Not a Toomaa!!
1,624 Posts
Go to SW and buy from them. Get Graco if you can afford it. Nothing wrong w/ used. I got a $2000 sprayer for about $250 used. I had to pretty much rebuild the whole thing which cost about $500. Now I have a kick ass sprayer that works perfectly. What are you planning on using it for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll be using in indoors for walls. Floors, and out doors for painting siding.

Another question is , what is the most troublesome part as far as.needing repairs, with proper care do the run fairly maintenance free for awhile?
Larry

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
I just bought a factory re-manufactured Graco. Got it for way less then new and it comes with the same warranty as new.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
On the subject of Graco- Anyone know where to get Graco shaft seals The waterpump on my buddies boat uses one and it would be nice to replace the bearing, seal and oring as opposed to the waterpump for $300+

For reference its a 16 x 28 x 7 MM single lip seal. I had the graco # but could not find it online anywhere. I did find and order some seals that are sized the same but they have a steel garter spring and the Graco had brass.

Cheers, Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts