Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
3/4 EMT. Pound flat. Bend 90. One mean grabbing tool.
Can get a flat price of wood that slid up to front of bed.
8' long.

Where did my pic go?

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
The flattened part will snap off in no time, just bend it 90 and forget about flattening it.

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
We bent some #4 rebar into a handle on the top (loop) then a hook at the bottom. Ground it down a bit to make a point but nothing too sharp. About 3' tall. We use in to pull up 7x7 mesh when pouring our slabs.

Reactions: EmmCeeDee

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
My tape measure, when I drop my speed square through a deck I can pick it up with my tape measure.
I was on the second story decking the floor of a house we built in college, dropped my chalk box all the way to the basement. No stairs built yet, so i fished it with my tape, took like 45 seconds.

·
GC/carpenter
43,915 Posts
jlsconstruction said:
I was on the second story decking the floor of a house we built in college, dropped my chalk box all the way to the basement. No stairs built yet, so i fished it with my tape, took like 45 seconds.
Oh it's a great money saver. There are times I'm very high up and the only access under a deck is over a fence down an embankment and through some tumbleweeds. You get good at it.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Californiadecks said:
Oh it's a great money saver. There are times I'm very high up and the only access under a deck is over a fence down an embankment and through some tumbleweeds. You get good at it.
You guys probably wont believe me, but one time I fished my speed square out if the basement from the second floor deck

It was like 20 feet

:clap:

·
Drywall Slave
9,441 Posts
My stilt stick;) Works for me! I can move around a 155,000 btu space heater with It [full of fuel] Move my halogen around,,Pick knives up off the floor..If I drop the stick :sad:..I use the foot of my stilt to lean It against the wall for a quick grab.;)

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts