Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've had a few. This is one of them

One of my best clients came in with a couple of masks she picked up. Looks like they were paper mache masks overlaid with various things. One was animal based and the other was flower based.

I was tasked with making the stands for them. The bases were made from some thick Alder. I glued two pcs together to get a 3" thickness. I hollowed out the base to fit a 5/8" thick pc of steel to use as ballast.

The post coming out of it was square tube steel that was welded into a "7" shape and then scotchbrited for a satin look.

I also needed to make a mount for each mask. These were fitted special to hold each of the masks. One was in the shape of an X and the other was sort of a rectangle.

The Animal mask is the husband and it is actually as tall as he is. The eyes are at his eye height. She is a little shorter and so is her mask height, again eye height for her.

I think they will be playing games with them, when they are happy with each other they masks will be near each other and when they are arguing they will be on opposite sides of the room. Pretty funny if you ask me.

OK, here's the weird.

Here is the Animal mask close up:

And here is the flower mask close up:

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have another. I might have shown it already, but it fits this thread.

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
6,486 Posts
:blink:

What is that?

A cow that just "burst through" a tennis racket?

And what does it symbolize? Besides, of course, a cow bursting through a tennis racket. :eek:

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really don't know. It was more to do with the cow than the racket. I made the racket, drilled all the holes for the strings and made the base. She painted everything. It went on display where ever she ended up taking it.

One summer she came in and wanted me to cut up some MDF into surfboard shapes so the kids in her class could paint them and take them home. She gives me some interesting things to do.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Last year I built a 4' tall, 30" wide, 8" thick "R" and "L" with incandescent lights running in the center of each letter, 6" oc.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Wow Pigpen... just wow... Trippy:confused:

Looks like some kind of voodoo thing:rolleyes:

·
Radical Basement Dweller
29,422 Posts
I really don't know. It was more to do with the cow than the racket. I made the racket, drilled all the holes for the strings and made the base. She painted everything. It went on display where ever she ended up taking it.

One summer she came in and wanted me to cut up some MDF into surfboard shapes so the kids in her class could paint them and take them home. She gives me some interesting things to do.
It looks like a bull to me more than a cow.

I'd name it "Tennis Bull" (get it...tennis ball...tennis bull)

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You want what?!! Just gimme the money and I'll see you on Tuesday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts