Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Hair Splitter
18,326 Posts
On nearly every remodel. I can easily manipulate the design and send an update to the customer in a pdf.

Once they are ready to move forward I can pull all my measurement of with the dimensions tool and send to all my subs for a quote.

Love it!

·
General Contractor
8,049 Posts
I use Pro version, the difference is not so bid between the two... The pro version comes with Layout whis is a powerful feature. Also with pro you can export in several formats and it has a Style Builder which you can use to make cool drawing styles and a few other extras.

·
Hair Splitter
18,326 Posts
I use Pro version, the difference is not so bid between the two... The pro version comes with Layout whis is a powerful feature. Also with pro you can export in several formats and it has a Style Builder which you can use to make cool drawing styles and a few other extras.
What formats?

·
General Contractor
8,049 Posts
What formats?
SketchUp

You can export 3D models to other programs in several 2D and 3D formats:
•Export 2D images of your models.
•JPEG image (.jpg)
•Portable Network Graphics (.png)
•Tagged Image File (.tif)
•Windows Bitmap (.bmp).

•Export your files to COLLADA (.dae) format for use in a variety of different 3D programs.
•Place models in Google Earth. You can place SketchUp models in Google Earth by using the "Place Model" command.
•Export a Google Earth file directly in KMZ format.
•Share SketchUp models to the 3D Warehouse.

SketchUp Pro

In addition to everything you can do with SketchUp, using SketchUp Pro you can:
•Export in additional 2D formats:
•Portable Document Format (.pdf)
•Encapsulated PostScript Format (.eps)
•Epix (.epx)
•AutoCAD (.dwg, .dxf)

•Export 3D models in additional formats:
•3DS (.3ds)
•AutoCAD DWG (.dwg)
•AutoCAD DXF (.dxf)
•FBX (.fbx).
•OBJ (.obj)
•XSI (.xsi)
•VRML (.vrml)

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
So where do you get started with learning sketch up? I know they have some tutorial videos but are there any other good resources you guys have found or just lots of playing with it?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts