Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
In google I used to rank #1 for quite a few popular keywords but recently google has become crap IMO. Spammers rule google, I cant even find my site in some cases anymore.

I am ranked #1 in yahoo for quite a few keywords which are very popular. I am getting around 100 unique visitors a day if you combine a two of my sites, www.reliableamerican.us and www.gutterexperts.com. I get about 3 requests for estimates per day via my website only.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Grumpy,
I remember when you were number 1 for a search on "chicago roofs" and "chicago roofing". I don't know about your background, but you seem to have one heck of a handle on internet marketing.

Tim

·
Painting Contractor
1,881 Posts
donb1959 said:
Has anyone used Googles pay per click for marketing? If so, how has it worked for you?
Don, we have been using Google adwords for about 6 months now.
It has been working very good. In fact all our new work comes from
internet advertising including Adwords. We get about 30 visits a day
and about 10 leads a week.

·
"Buy Quality, Cry Once"
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Confused

George Z said:
Don, we have been using Google adwords for about 6 months now.
It has been working very good. In fact all our new work comes from
internet advertising including Adwords. We get about 30 visits a day
and about 10 leads a week.
Ok....I started my AdWords campaign, I have about 100 keywords, I set the "cost per day" at 10.00. On my campaign report page it says my Max CPC is $15.00 It's been running 7 days, and not one click, nothing, what am I doing wrong...any advice would be helpful. Thanks

·
Painting Contractor
1,881 Posts
donb1959 said:
Ok....I started my AdWords campaign, I have about 100 keywords, I set the "cost per day" at 10.00. On my campaign report page it says my Max CPC is $15.00 It's been running 7 days, and not one click, nothing, what am I doing wrong...any advice would be helpful. Thanks
When you type your search words are you one of the first few listings?
How many impressions are there?
Is your market a big one for internet searching?
What is Google's internet search market share?
You should be getting something by now.
Don, it took me a bit to know what I was doing with Adwords.
I still don't know many things. Try the following
http://forums.searchenginewatch.com/

·
"Buy Quality, Cry Once"
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
George Z said:
When you type your search words are you one of the first few listings?
How many impressions are there?
Is your market a big one for internet searching?
What is Google's internet search market share?
You should be getting something by now.
Don, it took me a bit to know what I was doing with Adwords.
I still don't know many things. Try the following
http://forums.searchenginewatch.com/
George,
Thansk for the replie. My major keyword is paint contractor...set at $3.10 max CPC. Yet when I use my "Ads diagnostic tool" It says ad not shown. I have 0 impressions,0 clicks, this after 12 days.

When I use Google and type in Winston Salem Paint contractor my ad has not shown yet. My daily budget is set at $10.00 But I am useing the "budget optimizer" I've thought that maybe I need to up my budget. But I'm afraid to because I'm at $300.00 monthly now with no results, and whats more I don't understand how this works, and believe me I've tried to understand.

·
Painting Contractor
1,881 Posts
Don, try e-mailing their technical support.
They respond in couple of days and sometimes they even have
something useful to say. It is almost impossible to get them
on the phone. Yahoo is better for customer service.
You are right it should be working. Maybe Grumpy has some advice.
Painting contractor is not popular in Toronto. Paint contractor gets nothing.
For example up to now: Toronto painting 4560 impressions,
Toronto painter 1330, Toronto painting contractor 105, Toronto Paint contractor 12.
Geographical differences may play a big role in the search terms people use.

·
"Buy Quality, Cry Once"
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still nothing....I'm to simple a man to figure this thing out. I mean hell if I wanted to do a SEO I would just hire someone to do it and get ranked naturally. With Google I was thinking you put in a budget, choose some keywords and you were off to the races, obviously it doesnt work this way. I'll give it another few days then pull the campaign.

·
Registered
39 Posts
we are selling lots of chandeliers on the internet but i would like to say overture is better for us than google, overture is getting better and bigger, for google you need lotsof links on your website(link farms) to stay in google free listing but use budget option and i say again overture is better you can control it in 2 sec.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts