Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Painting Contractor
1,176 Posts
I've seen that it's very very cool. Too bad a lot of the Milwaukee suberbs aren't avaliable or I would have it already.

Did you see the news recently of people suposedly spotting UFO's using that program?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I just downloaded that yesterday! It is amazing! But I think it is at least four years old on some images. I put in the address of large development I did that is complete and the images show it about halfway done! But regardless it is pretty cool and free!

·
Remodeler
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I haven't heard that on the news. It isn't realtime because the two trucks im my driveway are on different sides. The shot must have been taked a couple of days ago. But I can see my house, pool, decks and all. I took the world tour and it was great. I don't see why your area is not available. Give me a town with full address and I'll look it up.

·
Painting Contractor
1,176 Posts
MinConst said:
No I haven't heard that on the news. It isn't realtime because the two trucks im my driveway are on different sides. The shot must have been taked a couple of days ago. But I can see my house, pool, decks and all. I took the world tour and it was great. I don't see why your area is not available. Give me a town with full address and I'll look it up.
When I was searching I was using the public database, whole huge sections of southeastern Wisconsin were 'Not Avaliable'. Give me the intersection of 94th and Silver Spring in Milwaukee, WI. Is that possible?

here's one of the articles about the UFO's. I'm not so sure about it myself by the pictures are very cool.

http://googlesightseeing.com/2005/05/18/ufo-update/

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Did anyone else notice that it was a beta program? I did and bailed.

·
Remodeler
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Teetorbilt said:
Did anyone else notice that it was a beta program? I did and bailed.
YEa most of Google tools are in beta. I haven't had any trouble with any of the ones I have. Check it out Teetor you will enjoy.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey, I failed to mention (was still chuckling about moon google) that if you go to maps.google.com you can map your location and then hit Satellite to see the satellite image and then click back to map.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
I love the Google Earth.
It's really going around the internet fast.

It's definately not in real time. I saw my previous home owners blue bus in our current backyard.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yeah, some pics are old. I was following the outerbelt around Charlotte (the part thats open and one section is under construction and the next bit is actually finished with cars. Looks like they're driving into nothing...If you really want to see, search for

4801 Camp Stewart Rd
Charlotte, NC 28215

Zoom in and slide the picture down so you can see the highway off the top of the screen...

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Anybody hear of this new mapping site like this that shows pictures of the address and the houses around it right at street level? They are currently running around the country with photo vans and GPS, mapped the 22 largest metropolitan areas so far I guess.

·
Painting Contractor
1,176 Posts
Mike Finley said:
Anybody hear of this new mapping site like this that shows pictures of the address and the houses around it right at street level? They are currently running around the country with photo vans and GPS, mapped the 22 largest metropolitan areas so far I guess.
That seems like a giant waste of time and money. Is there a profit to be made? Probably working off a government grant...

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Go to 'terrafly' they post new home sales in $$. Haven't been there in a year or more.

I must have had a glitch in the 'earth' deal. It downloaded but is useless. I'll uninstall it and try again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts