1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Doer of Many Things!!!
837 Posts
I have several issues with pages that Chrome just refused to work correctly on. Version 3 hasn't been as bad, but it hasn't been that good. FF3.5 has given me no issues with freezing at all. I still think a lot of the FF problems people experience are caused by the extensions they use. Opera 10 is decent but in about the same boat as Chrome IMO. It has too many issues with different sites. It's better now that it's out of beta, but still not as good as Firefox IMO. Safari I can completely do without. It's a total memory hog on Windows. Everyone use to complain about FF hogging memory, well Safari far outdoes FF in my experience. At least it doesn't try to take over mysterious parts of your computer like iTunes though.

·
Utah carpenter
31 Posts
I like and use Chrome the most. It is not compatible with all sites, use firefox as a backup. I like the bookmarks in Chrome and one tab will not crash all tabs. Firefox is catching up with their newest version.
www.apexcarpentryinc.com

·
Registered
8 Posts
For all of you who can't open certain pages in chrome, just download the extension "IE Tab". It opens up a tab in chrome that emulates Internet Explorer.

I'd post the URL but I have to post 15 more times before I can. :rolleyes:

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Boost your pipelining on FireFox boys:

about:config

pipeline integer to true, set value from 4 to 8

Its a bit of a jerk move but makes things snappy.:thumbsup:

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Boost your pipelining on FireFox boys:

about:config

pipeline integer to true, set value from 4 to 8

Its a bit of a jerk move but makes things snappy.:thumbsup:
That's fantastic...but I can't see "pipeline integer" anywhere on that screen. Can you elaborate more?

edit: Sorry, I'm guessing that it would be "network.http.pipelining=true" and "network.http.pipelining.maxrequests=8"

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Exactly.

I think Firefox caps it off at 6 or 8, besides its known as kind of a jerk move to do if you have it cranked up sky high.

You can increase your download speed by decreasing the browser cache memory.

If you really want to increase your surfing speed then bump up your ram cache by right clicking on the window new-Integer type browser.cache.memory.capacity then enter a value higher then 25600 (I think that's the min) the integer that corresponds should be true (default).

There's lots of stuff you can do in there, decrease your history memory, spoof your browser so sites think you are a search engine and will let you pass through without logging (really only good for magazines and newspapers that let search engins through).

You probably have to restart the browner for things to take effect.

I haven't used Google Chrome yet so I can't comment....one day I will start to play around with it.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,938 Posts
Holy S*&T, Google Chrome is fast. I have used the previous version and didnt care for it, but wow I like it now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts