Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Thom
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you guys getting more calls than normal from goofy tool salesmen? The last two that called me, both this last week, seemed to be stoned. They try to act like best friends for years with some really stupid story.

Why would anyone buy anything from these idiots

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Yes, they're on the rise. They think they are establishing a friendship or something like that 1st. Then they think they gain your trust and clinch the deal. All salesmen are the same. Swindlers.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Those guys seriously creep me out. At first it was no big deal, but then it almost became harassment to the point I wondered if they were even tool salesman. I had the same guy call me 3 times in a day if I didn't pick up my phone.

The icing on the cake was when they had a "hot deal" on a tap and die set. Asked if I was interested. I said if the price is right, etc. Gives me the whole pitch and the price was higher than I could go to Sears for and be able hold it in my hand before I bought it. I told him I wasn't interested at that price and that I really needed to go (I was extremely polite and professional with the guy) At that point he starts cussing at me and telling I led him on and wasted his time.......click and he hangs up. On the positive side I figured they would never call me back.

It might have been a month or so and the same company, different guy, calls me back. He asked if I was interested and I said no. My reason, as I told him, was I choose not to do business with people who cuss me out over the phone for wasting their time, even though they are the one who call me while I am trying to work. The gentleman politely apologizes for his co-worker, etc. which did make me feel a little better, but not enough to buy anything. At that point he says "Have a nice day ***$%t!!!" I had to laugh while shaking my head in amazement as I hear the click on the other end.:laughing:

I have no idea how these guys sell anything........sound like a bunch of drunk college kids making prank phone calls. Haven't heard from them in over a year so I hope this post doesn't jinx me!!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Ahem. I sell my work. I try not to be a swindler. :whistling
You are not a salesman. You might have that as part of your job but that is not your trade. If that is all you do, run your mouth and not your hands, then mayhap you are on the wrong forum? ;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Those guys seriously creep me out. At first it was no big deal, but then it almost became harassment to the point I wondered if they were even tool salesman. I had the same guy call me 3 times in a day if I didn't pick up my phone.

The icing on the cake was when they had a "hot deal" on a tap and die set. Asked if I was interested. I said if the price is right, etc. Gives me the whole pitch and the price was higher than I could go to Sears for and be able hold it in my hand before I bought it. I told him I wasn't interested at that price and that I really needed to go (I was extremely polite and professional with the guy) At that point he starts cussing at me and telling I led him on and wasted his time.......click and he hangs up. On the positive side I figured they would never call me back.

It might have been a month or so and the same company, different guy, calls me back. He asked if I was interested and I said no. My reason, as I told him, was I choose not to do business with people who cuss me out over the phone for wasting their time, even though they are the one who call me while I am trying to work. The gentleman politely apologizes for his co-worker, etc. which did make me feel a little better, but not enough to buy anything. At that point he says "Have a nice day ***$%t!!!" I had to laugh while shaking my head in amazement as I hear the click on the other end.:laughing:

I have no idea how these guys sell anything........sound like a bunch of drunk college kids making prank phone calls. Haven't heard from them in over a year so I hope this post doesn't jinx me!!!!:thumbsup:
That is insane :eek:

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Yes, they're on the rise. They think they are establishing a friendship or something like that 1st. Then they think they gain your trust and clinch the deal. All salesmen are the same. Swindlers.

These guys aren't salesmen, they are telemarketers.

·
ICFBuilder
25 Posts
They have been calling me also. Very harrassing.

I did some research, they are out of Phoenix AZ.

They have had some complaints to the AG of Arizona but evidently not enough evidence to run them completely out of business.

Evidently there are still some guys buying stuff from them or they would go away.

Here is who they are and #s they use:

Atlas Contractors Supply, Cal Pacific Products, West Builders Supply 480-839-6249, 480-921-1403, 480-839-0471, 818-882-4280, 866-548-6657, 480-345-7827

Stay away from them they are bad news. If you google one these #'s you will find lots of complaints.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
They have been calling me also. Very harrassing.

I did some research, they are out of Phoenix AZ.

They have had some complaints to the AG of Arizona but evidently not enough evidence to run them completely out of business.

Evidently there are still some guys buying stuff from them or they would go away.

Here is who they are and #s they use:

Atlas Contractors Supply, Cal Pacific Products, West Builders Supply 480-839-6249, 480-921-1403, 480-839-0471, 818-882-4280, 866-548-6657, 480-345-7827

Stay away from them they are bad news. If you google one these #'s you will find lots of complaints.
They are relentless. If you have a black berry or a smart phone download an app that allows you to block incoming phone numbers and that will be the last time you hear from them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts