Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a goodman janitrol 075-3 furnace. as this is heating season i went to run my furnace and it wouldn't start. so i called the furnace man in and he said its a bad air pressure switch. so i changed that out then figured out where to see the LED's everyone is talking about. It rang out 3 blinks which said air flow problem. so i took out the blow and housing cleaned that out.

i went to start it back up and now the ignitor actually lit up but no flame its blinking once for gas pressure/ gas valve/ flame sensor. Before i even called the furnace guy i changed the flame sensor and the ignitor. So here i sit no response from the furnace guy and i'm just spinning my wheels. any other suggestions?

·
Carbon Dioxide Producer
782 Posts
I don’t understand this situation at all. It sounds like you’re saying that you hired an actual service tech to come out to your home to diagnose the problem… then purchased and installed the repair parts yourself? … But, since that didn’t work, you also performed additional work on the system and now have other unrelated issues?
Who does that? … and you’re wondering why he’s not returning your calls? Would you want to take on a customer like that? :eek:

Anyway, I see that this thread is a few days old now, so hopefully you’ve got it squared away by now, but next time I would just have a qualified service tech come out to diagnose the problem, let him make the necessary repairs and thoroughly check out the equipment operation. That way if other problems arise, they are all taken care of in a single service call…. and you will have a guarantee on the repairs as well as heat after he leaves. JMHO

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don’t understand this situation at all. It sounds like you’re saying that you hired an actual service tech to come out to your home to diagnose the problem… then purchased and installed the repair parts yourself? … But, since that didn’t work, you also performed additional work on the system and now have other unrelated issues?
Who does that? … and you’re wondering why he’s not returning your calls? Would you want to take on a customer like that? :eek:

Anyway, I see that this thread is a few days old now, so hopefully you’ve got it squared away by now, but next time I would just have a qualified service tech come out to diagnose the problem, let him make the necessary repairs and thoroughly check out the equipment operation. That way if other problems arise, they are all taken care of in a single service call…. and you will have a guarantee on the repairs as well as heat after he leaves. JMHO

Touche', my thoughts exactly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts