Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just installed a new heating system in my home. the tstat wiring from the furnace to the thermostat was clear but i can't figure out how the control wire works from the condensing unit. the condensing unit has two purple wires.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Those are your low voltage connections. Simply hook your two wire (normally red and white wires) one to a red and one to a white.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go ahead wire it yourself, burn up a transformer then you really wont have a clue. Just call a local contractor and have him hook it up for you. Plus that way your warrnty will not be voided.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hopefully you installed it correctly but seeing that you dont even know how the remedial wiring should be you should stop and run out the door now before you do any more damage then from a payphone far away call you nearest hvac person. Also, there is a reason why on the front of the installation manual it say that a professional hvac contractor should install it and not a home depot or lowes question asker!!!! THANKS FOR THE LAUGHS

·
Registered
8 Posts
What is up with all of these "Unregistered" individuals and their snobby comments. It is very unprofessional and a little tacky...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Richard
We always get a few of these guys that just like to blow steam at people, never leaving any names.

Bernie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts