Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just pulled a Trane duct furnace from a project of ours in NJ. The thing was installed in 2006 and was never used because the contractor walked off the job and the space has been vacant ever since. We've tested the unit and it runs like a champ, but I don't want to list it on just craigslist or something. Does anyone know a good website for contractors in NJ to find used units?

·
General Contractor
8,112 Posts
We just pulled a Trane duct furnace from a project of ours in NJ. The thing was installed in 2006 and was never used because the contractor walked off the job and the space has been vacant ever since. We've tested the unit and it runs like a champ, but I don't want to list it on just craigslist or something. Does anyone know a good website for contractors in NJ to find used units?
Craig's list, I sold every furnace there from the old houses I purchased for demo... What I find out, they don't care much for the furnace, they want the inside coil, so I got $300-400 for each Furnace.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I was afraid craigslist was going to be the best option. I was hoping for a more specialized website since this thing has a 400,000 btu capacity. I've sold a salvaged escalator system from a Marshalls once on a website, but I can't remember what site it was and I can't find any paperwork on it...but thanks for the input.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
As Flash said, its worth more for parts then as a whole. But you can sell it quicker as a whole unit. There is a demand/desire for smaller BTU furnaces these days. So shouldn't take long to sell on Craig's or Ebay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts